• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

desserts Spiedini

Well it needs a bit of clean up and some high heat BBQ paint but I think my mod on this cheap portable flat bed grill into a spiedini machine worked out well.

Thinking duck and maybe squid for test run next weekend.

bbINBWI.jpg

Generally they are just called

spiedini/speducci grill.

They tend to be half the width of this one I modded. But I set it up so the notches are offset for each side if I want to fully load both side. Will probably just use half on the test run depending on how that goes I might need to add a center baffle when only using one side.

Ashen said:
Generally they are just called

spiedini/speducci grill.

They tend to be half the width of this one I modded. But I set it up so the notches are offset for each side if I want to fully load both side. Will probably just use half on the test run depending on how that goes I might need to add a center baffle when only using one side.
the gizmo on the side is a fan? it looks added on?

It is a crank bellows and was an option for that grill. The fit on it wasn't quite right when I put the grill together last year, bolt holes not quite aligned, fairly poor seal where it fed in so I added the aluminum tape.

The bellows is why I think Salsa lady thought it looked like. Portable forge.

If I lined it with fire brick it probably would work fairly well .

yeah the aluminum tape made me think "hacked". at first glance i said "dude hooked a leaf blower to a grill" :lol:  but i saw the hand crank and knew it was something i`d never seen before. i`ve done shish kabobs but spiedini is a new one for me.  :cheers:

Walchit said:
There is a guy in the we er circles from Australia that has something Similar, but all of the kabob shafts plug into the back and rotisserie. I will see if I can find a link

I know Booma was playing with a Carson rodizio awhile back.

They are Italian skewers , generally they are only 2-3 bites to eat. The meat is cut on the small side , very fast to cook.

They even have this box thing where you fill if with slices of meat then skewer down through and cut. You can make them up 100 at a time very easily.

Back