spray for spider mites?

My pepper plants have been doing well, but I noticed a couple red spider mites today and also a few young leafs have very, very small white spots that I was able to wipe off with my finger.  I don't know what kind of bugs those would have been, but I want to get rid of anything that shouldn't be there.

I have a bottle of Bonide paraffinic spray oil that I was thinking about spraying on the foliage, but I'm a little concerned about how to do it as these are indoor plants.  I know I need to spray at the end of the light cycle to avoid burning the leaves, but do I need to wash the spray off after an hour or two to avoid suffocating the leaves, or can I just leave it on?  Thanks in advance.

Googling about this spray doesn't indicate you need to wash it off. Instead I found one entry where it even said "degrades rapidly and has almost no toxicity. Highly recommended for use on fruit trees, shade trees, shrubs, ornamentals, roses and vegetables. Includes a spreader/ sticker." 99% sure you won't need to wash this off.

I successfully took out a massive infestation of mites recently with this product. Not my pic, but the exact same stuff. Mites hate it, and I hate mites. Good luck killing those little rascals!!!

Attachments

• 2041.jpg.thumb_1000x1000.jpg
    2041.jpg.thumb_1000x1000.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 66
another product you weren't asking about but will come highly recommended is Azamax. Works on multiple harmful insects and is systemic. I've had very positive results with it. Even sprayed in direct sunlight at 85f with zero negative effects. Though it's probably better to use at night. Even works as a soil drench. 

unless the label contains instructions for use as a drench... dont use it as a drench.
Odysseus said:
My pepper plants have been doing well, but I noticed a couple red spider mites today and also a few young leafs have very, very small white spots that I was able to wipe off with my finger.  I don't know what kind of bugs those would have been, but I want to get rid of anything that shouldn't be there.

I have a bottle of Bonide paraffinic spray oil that I was thinking about spraying on the foliage, but I'm a little concerned about how to do it as these are indoor plants.  I know I need to spray at the end of the light cycle to avoid burning the leaves, but do I need to wash the spray off after an hour or two to avoid suffocating the leaves, or can I just leave it on?  Thanks in advance.
idk if those are actually mites. there is some tiny red insect that you see on tree bark and on the ground. id reccomend you get a jewlers loop or some other means of magnification.

queequeg152 said:
idk if those are actually mites. there is some tiny red insect that you see on tree bark and on the ground. id reccomend you get a jewlers loop or some other means of magnification.

there's several red mites as well though. I had some rather large Winter grain mites, in a canna grow a few years ago. Turned out that my entire exterior of my house was covered in them from a corn field behind my house. I see another red version on the siding of this home often and on the thistle plants. Clover mite?

floramite is spino. spino is not approved for vegstable crops far as i know. yes it workes like a mother f**ker, but its not approved for vegetables unless something changed, just roses and shit.

clover mites... yea maby thats what im thinking of. do they attack plants?

i had red mites one year too, but i never saw them untill i also got 2 spotted spider mites and had alot of damage from those... never saw the red mites by eye like the OP. just under my shitty microscope.
just saying it might be one of these clover mites like you said?
idk to be honest. i just know there is a little red dot bug that is quite common.

get a magnifying scope imo.

Back