• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Sriracha Hot Sauce

After posting I noticed that I have a bottle of this same Sambal Oelek in my fridge right now. Haha

I have maintained a long love affair with Cholula. Found it in a quasi-biker bar in Chicago called Twisted Spoke about 10 years ago and have been buying large bottles of it since. I also really like Texas Pete - it's a Tabasco like hot sauce with way more punch and flavor.

I have maintained a long love affair with Cholula. Found it in a quasi-biker bar in Chicago called Twisted Spoke about 10 years ago and have been buying large bottles of it since. I also really like Texas Pete - it's a Tabasco like hot sauce with way more punch and flavor.

Cholula, yeah good stuff.
Texas Pete is cayenne not tabasco.

I love me some Sriracha. It's not great in all applications, but for most Asian-type dishes, it's almost a perfect flavor profile.

I have said many times, after having thousands of hot sauces, if I had to pick just one sauce to eat for the rest of my life it would be Sriracha. Enough heat, great flavor, works well on nearly all foods.

I have said many times, after having thousands of hot sauces, if I had to pick just one sauce to eat for the rest of my life it would be Sriracha. Enough heat, great flavor, works well on nearly all foods.

Believe me now, hear me later. The Jay knows what he's talkin' 'bout.

I concur 100%.

Back