• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense St. Lucia yellow scotch bonnet ?

Hi Guy's

Anyone any experience growing this variety ? It does look rather interesting and intriguing............

Also anyone know where I can get seed ? Only place I can find it is Superhotchillies.com and they won't ship to UK 😭

Apparently there stock came from Europe so there must be some kicking about this side of the pond 🤔

Stephen

Is this the one you're looking for? I think they have a European site as well. They should ship to the UK, but not sure.

Jep, this is the EU site.

No sadly not 😭

It seems to be from a very specific area ........I've seen St. Lucia seasoning chillies advertised but again not the same thing either...........

Apparently there's some new law about shipping to UK ? Very frustrating and seems rather silly, why have a law that looses your own people money 💰 🤔

Not a fan if e-bay too many dodgy sellers, I'd rather pay from a reputable seller and actually get the right thing rather than spend months gro something that turns out to be a jalapeno :whistle: lol

Not a fan if e-bay too many dodgy sellers, I'd rather pay from a reputable seller and actually get the right thing rather than spend months gro something that turns out to be a jalapeno :whistle: lol
I would totally agree with you on Amazon.
However I have not had one single buy on E-Bay that turned out Bad. Like me many other seller have good moral character as well.

As for Scotch Bonnets, I try to find someone with a true Jamaican heirloom strain.

Last edited:
Marc

It's a lovely looking scotch bonnet :thumbsup: and it's a very generous offer thank you but I'll pass to be honest I've probably sown far too much already this season :whistle: I'm already playing with my Halal shop Bonnet, Bahamian goat and yellow Beth Boyd Bonnet's this season plus Habanero's and Naga too !

Depending how things turn out this season I may try some other Bonnet's next season ! So many chillies so little time.....:dance:

Stephen

I understand completely! 😉 At this moment I have about double as many plants as I have room for. I'm not sure what I'm going to do once they get larger. Previous season I had the same issue and had to kill off several healthy plants... 😥

I haven't bought seeds on ebay, but I think you would be pretty safe if you go with a long-established seller with really good ratings. Check the reviews and see what the negatives say - if they have a pattern of being "wrong seeds" then skip.

Back