• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

snack-food Stacy's - Healthy, Spicy Snack Chip.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Found these today. Nice and spicy with some Middle Eastern flavors coming through. Ingredients in picture #2.

Attachments

• stacys.jpg
    stacys.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 92
  • stacysing.jpg
    stacysing.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 124
Sea salt and salt do have effects on food due to different compositions. "Salt" (NaCl for those with periodic table knowledge) has a different composition other salts that are in sea salt (don't know all of them), leading to a different flavor. You really don't taste salt (I doubt many of us like eating salt plain or salt water), but rather the minor chemistry that happens between the food and the ions that form as the salt dissolves.

[quote name='Cap'n Bones']Why Sea salt and salt? Someone educate me.[/QUOTE]
Good question! They are hot though (NOT extreme by any means... just hot). Must come from the extractives.

DEFCON Creator said:
Smoked salt is friggin awesome! Mix it with a little bird pepper, and shake it on a steak on the grill, YUMMY!

Hey Defcon:

This is off the subject, but did you see my Carolina Pepper sauce at Julio's??

Thanks,

Blue's

I'm pretty sure I did. All the sauces were on one group of shelves. He had a pretty good selection. In the chaos, I forgot to take a pic.

DEFCON Creator said:
Smoked salt is friggin awesome! Mix it with a little bird pepper, and shake it on a steak on the grill, YUMMY!

I agree Defcon, and easy to make. I just throw a bowl of sea salt in the smoker when I am smoking. I like the mesquite smoke flavored sea salt.

DEFCON Creator said:
Here in NJ, we prefer pressure-treated lumber. Chromium adds quite a unique flavor. :)

Heck yeah now yer talkin'!! Here in the South, we like to toss in a few chunks of old car tire for that added bit of smokiness...

DEFCON Creator said:
Here in NJ, we prefer pressure-treated lumber. Chromium adds quite a unique flavor. :)

Funny you should say that...back before I was a firefighter I worked in a lumber yard and people tried to buy treated lumber to cook with or burn in fire place...for all you scratching your head and pondering the thought, don't do it...would be your last thought. Kinda like "Hold my beer and watch this" famous last words of a redneck.

Back