• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds starting FRESH seeds....

can you scrape seeds right from a pod and start germinating them right that second or do they need to dry first? I wanna get some started for a basement project!

You ever seen volunteer plants, plants that start from dropped pods?

seeds only need to be dried if you plan to store them

Check out Mezo's glog, he started some bhuts from fresh seeds from green pods, after a storm blew his plants down.

MoWhiskey said:
Is it necessary to clean them, or just plant?

I'd clean and soak them in some peroxide solution - depending on the temps where you live it may take longer for the seeds to sprout than it does for the scraps of pepper left on the seed to rot and grow mold etc. which could easily spread to the seedling and it's roots -- so best to take the time and clean and sterilize the outer hull to improve the seedlings chances of survival.

JDFan said:

I'd clean and soak them in some peroxide solution - depending on the temps where you live it may take longer for the seeds to sprout than it does for the scraps of pepper left on the seed to rot and grow mold etc. which could easily spread to the seedling and it's roots -- so best to take the time and clean and sterilize the outer hull to improve the seedlings chances of survival.

If from a fresh pod that is clean(no rot) it is a waste of time to clean the seeds.

Plant with a little placental tissue as well and you have a bit of starter fertilizer built in.

i cut them out of the pods andlay them on some brown paper bag i tore a piece of, in the morning i put them in a ziplock i think just a few hrs dry time is fine

Back