• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Starting Peppers Indoors

I'm starting a few peppers early indoors under 3500k LED. Two were started about one month ago and the rest at various times throughout the last two weeks.

Here is my pepper list 1 of each

Banana
Anaheim
Big Jim Hot Pepper (supposed to be biggest chilly pepper in the world with the heat of a jalapeno)
Pepperoncini
Habanada
And lastly seeds I saved from a small red pepper that looked like a small 3'' banana pepper

First I'm having a bit of trouble. The first two I planted (Anaheim and Habanada) in coco coir hydrated from an 11lb bail mixed with lobster compost. These sprouted and didn't grow a set of true leaves after two weeks. Now they are just starting to push out a set of leaves. The problem may have been a combination of overwatering and the lights were too close. Since figuring this out the lights have been raised to 30'' above the pots as per the seller recommendation yesterday.

Overview of the grow room (3'x3')
Aaxl8Ia.jpg

Habanada
BbmoiXo.jpg

Anaheim
Ckvu8IY.jpg

Lastly, a miniature rose I'm growing for fun
ZIT8n7w.jpg

As you can see the peppers are really small for two weeks since sprouting.

Starts are showing progress, Johnny.  
What are you feeding them with?

I'll update the peppers that went outdoors tomorrow

Here are the peppers I've started indoors just recently for indoor production over the winter. I can't upload pics getting error 406

Ray's Sweet Habanero

C1FE45D.jpg

Orange Pepperoncini
8TsAkXV.jpg

Hungarian Hot Wax Pepper (hot banana pepper)
TMPVu3V.jpg

Early Jalapeno
jyJoTAz.jpg

Jimmy Nardello, Golden Marconi, and Anaheim (just planted today)
Jv3FRAf.jpg

Back