• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

seeds Starting seed help

Hi all
I will be starting my c.chinense around the 24th of this month,I just wondered when should I start my c.annum, c.frutescens, c.chacoense and c.praetermissum seeds

Any help would be me much appreciated

This is my list of peppers I will be starting this year

Capsicum Chinense

Douglah
Dorset Naga
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
Bhut Jolokia Red
Fatalii
Trinidad Scorpion
Congo Trinidad
Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Red
habanero red
habanero orange
habanero chocolate
scotch bonnet red
7 pot brain strain
7 pot brain strain yellow
bubblegum 7

Capsicum Annum

Phiringi Jolokia
krishna Jolokia
De Arbol
Explosive Ember
Cayenne
Pusa Jwala

Capsicum Frutescens

Mem Jolokia
Aji Chuncho
Siling Labuyo

Capsicum Praetermissum

P1 1441654

Capsicum Chacoense

Most Prolific

For my main grow of C. Chinense and Frutescens, I plan to allow at least 12-weeks before average 'last frost date.' . That kinda sorta coincides when night temps regularly reach 50-degrees F. For C. Annuums, I start about 8 weeks prior to last frost.

But I also hedge my bets and go earlier with a few 'test' plants. A lot depends if you have a back-up plan in case early test starters need additional space and light--like extra indoor lighting or a greenhouse, or containers that can be moved inside for a cold snap.

I'm not sure about the other types you mentioned. I think you have a lot of people mystified and not sure of the answer for those. That's a nice list you've got there!

Good luck and happy growing..... :cool:

Thanks for the help

I was hoping to get my plants outside around the start of may I also have grow lights to keep them going till I get them outside plus natural light coming through a window

I will have to see what I can find out about the other types or I might just plant them with the rest and see what happens I suppose :)

Back