• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Starting to hate cats....

Cats love pepper and tomato leaves.

011.jpg

coffee grounds and banana peels will repel the cats. I try to keep my plants they want up higher and wrap shower curtains around the shelves to keep them out.

Funny, I've had far, FAR more problems with dogs and my plants than I ever have had with cats. When my sister would bring her dogs around, they would dig up plants, knock over pots, and even snack on pods. My flatmate's cat on the other hand, leaves my plants alone. Sometimes she will even go lay down next to them almost like she is guarding them. Only one incident comes to mind (and that was pretty much my own stupid fault): seedlings left blocking doorway... dinner time..... bam! 7-10 split!

Cats and dogs alike... some are horrors, some are not.

Have you considered transitioning the cats into a new state (stirfry)?

Just kidding of course.

Seems like you've gotten good advice. I just leave mine till they fall off on their own. they are still providing some benefit to the plant afterall. when the plant is done with them, ti takes care of business :)

Also, I've noticed when my dogs get into my gardens (or garbage etc), its because I've been feeding them dog food that doesn't meet all of their needs... I find that if I switch their food, they don't go looking for midnights snacks... Current top two dogs foods in my opinion are Taste of the wild, or Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover.

Taste of the wild has a slight edge in that it derrives most of its protein from meat. Chicken soup is great, and has lots of meat, but substitutes veggie protein where it can. That said the latter is about 20$ for 35lbs, and the former is nearly double that.

either way, switching to those feeds stopped the problems with my dogs :). Cat is on chicken soup also, and has never offered to bother my peppers or tomatos :)..

I don't know if its because its the way she was raised or something else but my dog missylou is racist against cats, squirrels, and bunnies, but especially cats.

Back