• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking steak part 2

DSCF2591.jpg

the red potatoes were grilled also, then poured melted butter w/ herbs & spices on them.
hot sauce was my steak sauce.

Tasty looking! I'd eat that, or rarer, but not more medium. Looks delicious.

Man that is AWESOME CH!!! If you don't get enough credit for that tonight, wait for it. There is some popper madness going on.

I actually like mine almost bloody (a serious MR), but that looks good and juicy. I'd eat it. Potatoes look good too.

all of ya thanks for the complements.
I just noticed the top part of the piece thats tipped up, with the white spots. that has to be something with the flash or juices cuz it looked just like the bottom piece. the pic doesnt show the real color, it was a little bloodier than what the color shows in pic. but it doesnt matter it was good nonetheless.

chilehunter said:
I just noticed the top part of the piece thats tipped up, with the white spots. that has to be something with the flash or juices cuz it looked just like the bottom piece. the pic doesnt show the real color, it was a little bloodier than what the color shows in pic. but it doesnt matter it was good nonetheless.

I was gonna ask about this. Looked like you may have put parmesan on there or something.

Which also woulda been cool!

chilehunter said:

chilehunter said:
yea kinda a weird flash or something, I didnt notice it right away.

ok I think I was too drunk when I made that post :lol: since those spots dont really look white right now, instead just jucies w/a glare.

I'd rather of showed you folks a smoked wild turkey, but got skunked this season :(
I'm leaving today.

i have never seen or tasted a smoked wild turkey. arent they on the lean side?

chilehunter said:
ok I think I was too drunk when I made that post :lol: since those spots dont really look white right now, instead just jucies w/a glare.

I'd rather of showed you folks a smoked wild turkey, but got skunked this season :(
I'm leaving today.

BamsBBQ said:
i have never seen or tasted a smoked wild turkey. arent they on the lean side?

They can be. Most folks I know just breast them out. Deep frying a wild turkey can only be a good thing. Done right, it shouldn't come out dry due to lack of fat.

Cheers, TB.

Back