• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking steak

ok after living in a motel for 1 week in Minot ND & eating microwave food or fastfood for the week, when I got home I bought the biggest & thick cut steak I could find at the store (sirlion steak) & grilled it up for dinner (only ate half, the rest is for Breakfast or lunch ? tommorrow)

it may not be much to some of you but it was great for me since I havent had a real meal for 1 week, it was cooked perfectly - no blood but still a little pink in some spots & nice an juicy/tender! :drooling:
the worchester sauce was mixed with hot sauce.

DSCF2534.jpg

CH I'm a medium rare man mysef' but I would be priveleged to sit at your table sir! I'm guessin' thats grilled toms and onions. I dig it. Please pass 'dat hot sauce ova' heah'!

Cheers, TB.

the veggies were orange bell & white onion (I could of ate the whole onion but wanted some for tommorrow)
I dont mind eating bloody steaks but for health reasons I prefer not to have them on the bloody side, pink doesnt bother me. I know pics dont tell all but it was juicy & tender.

right back at ya, on being privileged to eat a meal you've made. you make some fine meals!

CH, I feel for ya on missin a nice hot, homecooked steak. And brother, any man who'll present himself with a steak that covers his plate, with no need for mashed potatoes or othersuch frivolous sides, and call it a meal....

Damn... This is what it's all about.

And the grilled onion and bell kinda make a nice substitute for that sprig of parsley dontcha think?

FiveStar said:
CH, I feel for ya on missin a nice hot, homecooked steak. And brother, any man who'll present himself with a steak that covers his plate, with no need for mashed potatoes or othersuch frivolous sides, and call it a meal....

Damn... This is what it's all about.

:lol: it may not of been the healthiest (mainly a meat diet) but it was damn good! :lol:

FiveStar said:
And the grilled onion and bell kinda make a nice substitute for that sprig of parsley dontcha think?

sprig of parsley
saywhat.gif

I'll eat white onions in most of my meals, & could make a meal out of onions, to me they're just like apples.

Agreed! My great grandmother ate a slice of raw onion and a cayenne pepper with every meal. Lived to be 95, and died after falling in her garden trying to kill a copperhead. Can't ask for much more than that!

CH I use to make a weekly delivery to Minot, I delivered to the Denny's there. I remember it was pretty scary going there from where I was coming from. Which was Chicago. I use to travel on this road that was only 1 lane in each direction. But there was no shoulder at all, except if you want to count the swampy area as such. Thank fully I never broke down going through there.

Sauceman51 said:
CH I use to make a weekly delivery to Minot, I delivered to the Denny's there. I remember it was pretty scary going there from where I was coming from. Which was Chicago. I use to travel on this road that was only 1 lane in each direction. But there was no shoulder at all, except if you want to count the swampy area as such. Thank fully I never broke down going through there.

:lol: I knew they had nothing in the state but damn! they have ALOT of nothing on the east half of the state & elsewhere besides the bigger cities :lol:
I took 94 then 52 & floored it all the way there, doing about 80-90 mph the whole way even in single lanes only slowing down through the towns. they still have alot of snow & got hit with more today & this week (only reason why I came back)

I was lucky also that my brakeline busted in minot instead of bum F egypt w/ no cell signal.

well I guess its a done deal, I'll be calling minot ND home sweet home this year, I'm in the process of getting my work ins. in order for the minot A.F.B.
now what to do with my 130+ chile plants :(

Good luck CH. Hope everything works out for you. Nice looking steak too. I have a BIG FAT bone-in NY Strip (20oz) marinating right now. If I think of it I will post pics when I cook it tomorrow.

thanks JT! I hope everything works out too, right now I'm just gonna roll with it for a couple months & hope its worth it. just waiting on the weather & the road closures (from the flooding)

Back