• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant Stepdad forgot what he planted...

My step father is an organic, hydroponic farmer. They have 20+ greenhouses full of all kinds of things (mostly various types of lettuce) but, like me, has a taste for something with a little more bite. A few years back he planted a couple chilitepins, and this in the ground in his greenhouse. Year after year, it comes back but he forgot what it was and I have ZERO idea. It has quite a bit and a really nice flavor. (I hate acting like I have an extremely refined taste but it has almost a nutty/smokey flavor)This is only my 2nd year really growing peppers and I've been following this forum that whole time but just finally broke down and got a full membership so I could ask this question... "What in the HECK is this thing?!" Any ideas...?! It's not much bigger than the tepin but it is longer and it only matures to orange. (Forgive that the 2nd picture is sideways, I'm on my phone and this is my first upload. Still trying to work the kinks out.)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 70
The "reds"are actually just more optical illusion because of the flash. They're not that dark. They only get a little darker than the 1st picture shows. It's entirely possible that its a Tabasco variant. Is it possible that they're chili de arbol (variant)?!

Here are two dried "mystery" peppers next to a dried tepin. For size reference.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 67
Back