• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Stevia plant..

This is my stevia plant flowering.the leaves are sweet :) After it started flowering it stopped growing much. Does it have seeds ? flowers are very small. what type of fert can i use with this plant ?

p1030476s.jpg

somehow i think we have frequent the same gardener. haha.

I was planning to buy the Stevia plant this week. Quite pricey though.

somehow i think we have frequent the same gardener. haha.

I was planning to buy the Stevia plant this week. Quite pricey though.

lol ..where do you usually go to ???
i got my stevia thru a friend. how much is the stevia sold at your area?

usually around one. sometimes 2 or 3, you get to pick what plant you get to buy so, just look for the ones in pots with more than one in it. =D
i got mine twice. the first one had three plant in it but it did not last long got dried up.. so i got another one with 2 plants and so far its ok :) just that it sort of stop having new shoots and started flowering.

Lucky guys I've been trying to get stevia here but I'll I can get are seeds that never come up. Have heard to cut the flowers off and plant will keep going. And use the sweetest to take cutting from.

Lucky guys I've been trying to get stevia here but I'll I can get are seeds that never come up. Have heard to cut the flowers off and plant will keep going. And use the sweetest to take cutting from.
sorry to hear that , i read somewhere that u can get it from koh samui health resort or in bangkok china town... but i am not sure if its fresh plant or dried.

where are you in thailand ?

what is the colour of the seeds for stevia u had ? tan or black colour ?

We are in Pattaya about 2 hours from BKK. The seeds were Dark. Finding anything in BKK can be lots of Trouble. LOL, We go to Chatto chat market on wed the plant day there and still have alot of trouble. Same plants over and over. Have met some very cool people there, but could not help much.

We are in Pattaya about 2 hours from BKK. The seeds were Dark. Finding anything in BKK can be lots of Trouble. LOL, We go to Chatto chat market on wed the plant day there and still have alot of trouble. Same plants over and over. Have met some very cool people there, but could not help much.
i read that dark /black coloured seeds are good. they got a 90% chance of growing. tan colour seeds got only 20% chance.
i just collected some seeds from my plant.

I bought some Stevia seeds a few weeks ago, I have 1 germinated from about 4 seeds, and it has taken awhile but it now has 2 true leaves. I thought about buying a plant, but a fairly well established plant was like 25 bucks, Plus I feel like I can enjoy it more If I grew it myself from seed. Like Rosemary, which took me forever to get to germinate and grow.

glad you posted this topic, i had a package of stevia seeds in my hand a few days ago and considered buying it but then um and ah'ed over it and put the package back on the shelf until i read up more on propagating this plant. they wanted almost $4.00 for the package. i have never seen stevia plants here but health food stores sell it in dried form. apparently, it is a new happening plant - i am interested in it because i never heard of it before and like to grow herbs but apparently there is a stevia canada website, who knew?

i have given up on growing rosemary from seed and now just use clippings from my main plant that i purchased a few years ago.

i am in zone 3a, so it definitely would be an inside plant for me.

My stevia germinated within a week, I think it was having some fungus issues for starters, i poked at it and it fell over, but I stood it up and hoped for the best, and it is now growing fairly strong. Most of my herbs germinate within a week.

I bought some Stevia seeds a few weeks ago, I have 1 germinated from about 4 seeds, and it has taken awhile but it now has 2 true leaves. I thought about buying a plant, but a fairly well established plant was like 25 bucks, Plus I feel like I can enjoy it more If I grew it myself from seed. Like Rosemary, which took me forever to get to germinate and grow.
i had so many seeds from my plant but non germinated. i feel i am doing something wrong with my stevia plant. it continues to flower and the leaves are getting smaller.

Back