Sticker Shock!!!!

Holy Cow!!! I have been online checking into different major Food Trade Shows. I am flabergasted by the price!!! I have been finding prices of $2400 on up!!!! Shocked the hell out of me! I was expecting a few hundred maybe $1000 but not the 2400 and up! For a 2 day show! But I guess thats all it takes is to be at the right show and get that BIG order for a National chain to set you up really good. I guess I have to save up more money!! LOL

Yeah...those food shows are high dollar. Mainly, they try to keep the little guys out, hence the big prices.

even the Firey Foods Show (here in Albuquerque) isn't that cheap, but it's not $1,000 for the weekend...You might wanna check with The Creator about that.

Trade shows are expensive. Albuquerque may not be $1000, but after you tally up product shipping, airfare, power to the booth, room & board, meals, beer, etc., it is well over $1000. Considering the Fancy Food Show that is starting today in Manhattan a booth costs $7500 and up, Albuquerque ain't that bad.

I was checking into the Food Trade Show that is held in Miami Beach and another one in L.A. When my sauces hit the market (here shortly) I want to make a big splash and get the name out there. I have done some research and most experts have told me that the trade shows are the way to go to get the biggest impact. Now I'm gunshy after seeing the exhibitor pricing.

Dyce51 said:
I was checking into the Food Trade Show that is held in Miami Beach and another one in L.A. When my sauces hit the market (here shortly) I want to make a big splash and get the name out there. I have done some research and most experts have told me that the trade shows are the way to go to get the biggest impact. Now I'm gunshy after seeing the exhibitor pricing.

Jungle Jims Weekend of Fire.... August 4th & 5th..... I think al booths may be sold out though.

huvason said:
Jungle Jims Weekend of Fire.... August 4th & 5th..... I think al booths may be sold out though.

Thanks for the heads up. Even if it weren't sold out I doubt I could be ready for a show by then. I am still taking care of the legal stuff and getting set up for my first production run!!! I may be a spectator there though. It's only about 4 1/2 hour drive I think...maybe less!

Dyce51 said:
Thanks for the heads up. Even if it weren't sold out I doubt I could be ready for a show by then. I am still taking care of the legal stuff and getting set up for my first production run!!! I may be a spectator there though. It's only about 4 1/2 hour drive I think...maybe less!

If you do, stop by the FKS booth. I'll be the guy with a beer in his hand... :shocked:

Dyce,
wine and beer festivals can be your starter..they only cost usually few hundreds, food and beverages shows are also good to do but those they are in the 500-1200 area. We been doing all this shows for 2 years now and they are good, we pretty much sell out every time (most sales are salsas). Hope this helps.

Back