Sting is nearly ready

Well I've been working on a new habanero based sauce for a little while now. Today we have produced what should be our final variation of Sting.

We have settled on a Paw paw and pineapple habanero sauce with a few other things thrown in.

The test variation included habanero with peach, pineapple and passion fruit. It was ok but not really what I was after.

Next variation was habanero with peaches, apples, tomato and honey. Again it was ok but not what I was aiming for.

The third variation was a bbq sauce with habanero, peach, pineapple, molasses etc. It was a FAIL really didn't like the end product.

So all going well Sting will be out in the next few weeks.

edit: updated label ingredients

sting_label.jpg

I don't want to pick a fight with a new moderator, but "Contains no preservatives" isn't really true - is it? There are no artificial preservatives;)

I'll forgive you if you explain what "Paw Paw" is and send me a sample bottle or two!

lol yea as mr A pointed out but what realy got me is the vanilla wonder what that will be like.

MrArboc said:
I don't want to pick a fight with a new moderator, but "Contains no preservatives" isn't really true - is it? There are no artificial preservatives;)

I'll forgive you if you explain what "Paw Paw" is and send me a sample bottle or two!

You got me on a technicality, paw paw is papaya in Australia.

MrArboc said:

"Paw Paw"? Oh noes! There's pieces of grandpa in there?! :scared:

Seriously, sounds like some really interesting stuff.:)

It's an Ichthys: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichthys

180px-Ichthys.svg.png

Ichthys or Ikhthus (Greek: ἰχθύς, capitalized ΙΧΘΥΣ or ΙΧΘΥC) is the ancient and classical Greek word for "fish." In English it refers to a symbol consisting of two intersecting arcs, the ends of the right side extending beyond the meeting point so as to resemble the profile of a fish, said to have been used by early Christians as a secret symbol and now known colloquially as the "sign of the fish" or the "Jesus fish."

Yeah, I used to be bigtime into churchy stuff back in the 80's, even taught sunday school...;)

Back