• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Stop me if you've heard this one: A Growler, a Naga Viper & a Snake Dog IPA walked into a bar....

Just like the title says... I took my growler along with me to get the keg exchanged. I knew I had 6-8 Naga Vipers & thought: what beer would taste good with one of these....? I remembered somebody mentioning hoppy beers paired well & went straight for the Snake Dog IPA. Between the IPA's full hoppy aroma, flavor & spiciness I figured i'd try it out. Of course the names "snake" dog & naga "viper" I figured it for a sign....
verdict: great combo. With the right proportions you get a great flavorex IPA with a great slow burn on the lips and down the back of the throat.... I'll definately try this again. Even my wife and her friends took turns drinking down a 32oz festival cup of the concoction! And they aren't spicy/heat lovers.
I seeded a medium sized naga viper, cut it into 3 approximately equal slices then slipped them inside a small growler. Next I poured in maybe 16 oz's of Coor's Light with a little extra CO2 charge. The growler has one of those reuseable faux porcelain swing tops and I capped it for an afternoon. I'd swish the bottle around every time I opened the fridge and by this evening figured I ought to get some heat & flavor out of the pepper without too much beer flavor from the Coor's. Finally, az I'd go to pour the Snake Dog IPA I'd open my mini growler with the pepper/CL mix, pour a few oz's into the pint glass and then top off with the Snake Dog... Sounds off but it tasted dead on the IPA with the additional aroma of the pepper and creeping burning that only came on after the 3rd or 4th swig... damn it's good and I'm having another!!!

nice, this sounds great, going to have to give it a try. wonder if i could just add a scorpion or ghost pepper directly to the growler and get one of my local brew pubs to fill it up with the pepper inside...

You cedtainly could. I filled the one with th coors and a pepper and brother it was smokin hot.... much better taking it using the spiked coors light as a starter. Maybe if your tolerance for heat is really nice and high or of you could just use a sliver of pepper flesh? Worth experimenting though!

Back