• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Straight, Slender, OG Bhut-Looking....Orange Bhut???

Hey, great people!

Bookers stopped at Weaver's farm for me. Within the mix was this (it's already cut in these pics):

OPs7nWG.jpg

EqwIwUZ.jpg

While bunched together, we thought it was a peach...but it's darker.

Middle:
wK5fZqs.jpg

0NjZ8Q0.jpg

The smell is mouth-watering. Tonie smelled it and thought the same thing...and she hates hot peppers. Very, very Bhut-like. No floral-Scorpion-7 Pot-anything. Just pure Bhut-Fruit! I saw this and said, "Yup, first one to be cracked next season." Lol

Has anybody else found one of these? IME, BOCs are wider, with lobes usually, and the seeds bunch at the top. This looks like an orange version of a red Bhut. Maybe it's something else? Bookers pulled a lot from that gigantic farm, so no time for labels.

Heavenly smell.

EDIT: Fixed a pic

Adam this just started ripening. Maybe i pulled one last wk and threw it in. Could it be the missing link? lol its your California Reaper from last year. I only got 5 peppers but they look great.
ecb7b9fb6553b57ef6b13f6250d14647.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bookers said:
Adam this just started ripening. Maybe i pulled one last wk and threw it in. Could it be the missing link? lol its your California Reaper from last year. I only got 5 peppers but they look great.
ecb7b9fb6553b57ef6b13f6250d14647.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Great shape! Those Cali Reapers shouldn't be much darker than the JPGS in the pic with both those and this orange. This pod is much more orange.....

Chorizo857_62J said:
Very nice pods.  Grow out the seeds next season?
Thank you!
Definitely. This orange will be the first to pop. Maybe even this winter...

Thanks GIP! I'll be sure to inquire about said cicle of turd. Lol

Back