• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Strange color

Well the label says Jamaican red squash. These were bought from a nursery here in MN that does only peppers, tomatoes and herbs. Why they are pumpkin orange I have no clue. Is this normal?
100_1374.jpg

100_1373.jpg

Jackie...I took this picture literally about a minute ago...those look just like my Jamaican Hot Yellows....

091108a001.jpg

jackie - out of curiousity, whats the name of the place you bought them from ? or at least the nursery the plant came from (if they sold it to another store that you bought it from the 2nd store)

CH, I bought them at Brewery Creek in Belle Plaine. Good place to get plants and none of the others are mislabeled so I'm sure it was accidental. They have several greenhouses but I'm not sure if they grow their own or get them from other sources.

Simply delicious Josh....

I had a feeling you were gonna say brewery creek.
they come up here to the cities farmers market & i've bought plants from them before (& still do at the market)

I'll say some things about them, yes they do grow & sell great plants! (far better than CCN)
BUT they do have a problem keeping plants labeled correctly! I've bought some plants over the 2 seasons & I've had a couple types mislabeled, so trust me its not a fluke thing for them to mislabel plants :rolleyes: I'm not saying all are mislabeled just that I've got 3 mislabels this season & ?2? last season from them.

then their shipping charges are just crazy! its cheaper for me to get plants from CCN in NJ than buy from them only 3hrs away :rolleyes: thats why I only buy from them while at the farmers market in the cities ( but they dont sell all their types there though)
they need to get their act together, when it comes to the chile biz.

my understanding is they grow all their plants.

Yeah the shipping charges are why we drive up there plus it's another trip beyond this end of the state. lol. Sounds like they have a label problem, I do that here but I blame it on the both of us working on the plants. I have the pots labeled and the tags go off on their own... you wouldn't believe how many no tag plants I have, will have to post some for id one of these days. I have a new system planned for next year, labels big enough NOT to get lost... I hope anyway.

post the plant pics for ID, theres plenty of people here willing to help ID them.

if brewery creek could get their act together they might be able to get right up their with the likes of CCN, but until then, no, but they still sell better plants than CCN (I've also bought from CCN)

Back