Strange Serrano

Ok, so I started this plant from seed back in late March from a cheap $0.20 packet of those "American Seed" seeds from Wally World.  It's been growing fine, but it's had some strange characteristics.  First, it had enormous cotyledons, and then it branched into three stems without topping or pruning, with the original "top" turning into a branch on off the largest main stem.  It also appears to have downward facing growth nodes on the largest branch along with normal upwards facing ones.  Anyone ever seen anything like this?  The flower on the soil is from the potted super chilis i have next to it.
IMG_2079_zpszastkmk2.jpg
IMG_2078_zpsqthrcqjy.jpg

Plant looks good. Heck just wait it out. Ya might get lucky and be the recipiant of a square pumpkin or the like. Plants are fun to grow, the results are neither here nor there.

Thanks guys, I was planning on letting it grow for the rest of the season.  The huge cots made me think that i had something special/odd here. They were at least 2" long, compared to the usual 1/2" or so on my other plants.  Should be interesting to see what comes of it.  I'll keep you guys posted if i get anything interesting.

It is a little odd, but nothing to worry about.
I have both 3 and 4 coty plants that have split down low before "forking"

my experience suggests weird cotys plants often grow odd :)

Thanks, this plant seems to be the definition of "odd" as compared to the rest of my plants. I'm only growing some Amazon "trinidad scorpions" (i know, i know, hold your laughter, but this is my first year growing), and some Super Chilis, poblanos, and caribbean red habaneros form the local greenhouse.  My tomatoes from a similar cheap "American Seed" packet seem to be doing well  :drooling:

in my defense, whatever the Amazon "trinidad scorpion" seeds were, they set my mouth on fire when I tried one.

Back