Strongest Beer In The World

[background=#ffffff]

A Scottish brewery claims to have produced the world's strongest beer, Brewmeister's Armageddon, with an alcohol by volume (ABV) of a whopping 65 percent.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/10/24/scottish-brewer-unveils-brewmeister-armageddon-world-strongest-proof-beer/?intcmp=features#ixzz2AFBpCtU7[/background]​

armageddon_beer1_zps723b38ec.jpg

So, who's going to give it a try?

Wife: Are you drinking again tonight?
Husband: I'm just going to have 1 beer dear. ;)

In America after beer reaches a certain percentage it is no longer beer. That would be considered liquor.

According to the article it's not available here in the states yet. You have to order it directly from them.

No doubt armac, I guess there in Scotland they can still call it beer though.

GreenTea, at least you can bet it's not a medicine flavor.

Many companies have extreme beer (as it's called). The high ABV is obtained by freezing the beer, scraping off the ice, and repeating. The result is a high alcohol content liquid. A concentrate, if you will. If that is beer is up to you, I guess.

I'm sure armac is referring to state laws, which is really the best way for them to distinguish it.
It was a loaded question, I have beers well over 15%, few 20%ish here in DE with no problem. I think this year Utopias is 27% roughly and contains the previous 19 years in the same batch. I hope to land a bottle, still have not opened the 2011.

I drink 40% beer all the time.

It's a Canian blend, served over ice, and a nice golden/amber color.

I'm a Rocket technician, if you see me running, try to keep up!

Yeah, I've heard about people complaining when they order it and it crosses the TX border it changes into liquor :P

I may have worded it poorly, the constitution of the product does not change but the classification does according to Texas law.

We are cool in Texas, but even we cannot change beer into liquor...my apologies.

I've also seen people use a toilet plunger as a koozie... stick it in the ground, BAM, koozie.
I feel bad for people who live in dry counties. This must be what they go to bed dreaming about.

Looks like response to Sink the Bismarck (41%) and Tactical Nuclear Penguin (32%). War in Scotland over the highest Alchohol content beer.....

f9ad2bd3105a624d229d0b930b9090ec_41332.jpeg

penguinblog2_440.jpg

In America after beer reaches a certain percentage it is no longer beer. That would be considered liquor.
im not so sure about that? beer is beer ! if its breweed or fermented under "beer" standards its still beer. ive bought beer that was 23 percent and it tasted like beer. ive bought wine that was 7 percent that tasted like wine. maybe you are thining about the % of alchol? because even beer if it is 2 high in lots of states they can only sell in liquor stores. im not getting snarky,lol! just saying beer is still beer!

Back