SUGESTION Bakerspeppers sale sm qty buyer pays shipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a suggestion if you agree leave a post but what if instead of spending 30 to 75 dollars a box (20/25)peppers you spend say $20 $15/peppers$5 shipping I mean I understand the supply and demand aspect of the business I'm merely stating a different approach to selling peppers the seller would still make his money and then the buyer would also get a (sample) amount of peppers it's a win win situation I'm just thinking instead of selling 3 or maybe only 1 or 2 boxs at 30 bucks sell 6 at15 or somthing along the lines of a sample?

You have to think its his business and like SalsaLady stated he has to earn as much as possible (strike while the iron is hot) while people are either still in the flowering stage or just podding up. Once everyone starts to show pod pictures it will be a beautiful thing, but the marketplace will start getting into the flow of crazy prizes that Dale wont be able to match just wait then. While I think it crazy the prices for a box of 25 pods it not my business and like you stated supply and demand that why I grow my own peppers and just hobbyist. Dale I am not bashing on your prices and I fully understand because if I turned from a hobbyist to full time grower I would be doing the same thing as you. Smitty what would you consider a sample size because if you take into account the current price structure $1.20 a pod at 30 dollars a small box and the 75 dollar for 2 medium boxes or the equivalent of 6 small boxes 150 pods equals .50 a pod similar to wholesale market.
"It is not the employer who pays the wages. He only handles the money. It is the product that pays the wages." Henry Ford

I agree HP. I'm sorry smitty, but if you don't like the price of something, don't buy it.
If you feel the need to make special arrangements with a seller PM, email, or call them.
There is no need to publicly "suggest" an alternate way for them to run their business.
Bakers Peppers is a reputable business owner, and I have never heard any complaints about him.
I think you're intensions are innocent, but it's not for you to start a thread trying to rally support for your "cause" to get him to restructure his pricing.
Have you ever gone to the grocery store and asked other patrons to rally for a different way for the butcher to sell Prime Rib?

My .02¢... Just sayin~

"It is not the employer who pays the wages. He only handles the money. It is the product that pays the wages." Henry Ford.

"I agree HP. I'm sorry smitty, but if you don't like the price of something, don't buy it."

Good points SoCal and Scovie. Smitty, you can always invest in seeds, seed starting medium, fertilizer, eletricity to heat the seeds and then to provide critical supplemental light to the seedlings, transplant them in properly conditioned soil, then transplant them again, and then provide the proper needs for growing success, not to mention all the damn weeding....

I have not had an opportunity to buy from Bakers yet, and when I do, and I WILL, it will be an INDULGENCE for me. He has a great reputation here and works hard to provide those pods brother. You are free to go to other sources my friend, and take your chances.

Growing supers, at least in my limited experience so far, is difficult to say the least. If you don't like the price, grow your own and sell 'em on the cheap!

my half cent gents...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back