Suggestion for new category in growing.

A thought occurred to me while browsing the forums that there are a lot of posts that say "What kind of bug is this??"  and "Something eating my plants" and other things along those lines. So I have a suggestion for a category somewhere in the forums.

-Bug ID

Seems interesting and could help people.

I am sure this has been thought of by you before. I have never ran a forum so I understand maybe it is something difficult to do but it is just a suggestion.

GnomeGrown said:
Maybe call it "Pepper Problems"?

:rolleyes:

It is an issue not just related to peppers, but I see what you mean. We all live in different corners of the world with different pests, and we all could help each other in identifying them and suggesting ways to fix the problem they are having.

Also, it is fun to see bugs you have not seen before (assuming users post a picture).

No need to apologize, dude.
Just adding my two cents to the discussion.

I was thinking the category could include plant diseases as well but then I reread the original post.

:drunk:

Pepper ID is separate because pepper IDs were being posted in Hot Pepper Talk and also Growing, since the pepper could be from the supermarket, picked and on a plate, or on the vine, by consumers and growers alike. So it is not a strictly growing question. It was a bit of a mess with them in two places. Now it is all in one place.

Bug IDs and disease IDs would be part of Growing. And looking at how many questions are asked, they still fit well within the category and have not outgrown it enough to warrant a new section but I'll keep an eye on it.

I think I can do something with tags and prefixes that should help sort the section nicely but I'll have to think that out.

PS. The mods are constantly moving posts to Pepper ID because people still post in Growing so I'm going to try to keep that as broad as possible for now. Like I said I have some organization ideas.

Back