suggestions for next year?

after a successful year with 1 orange hab and 1 caribbean red (and 1 tobasco that wasn't all that successful), i'm definitely excited to grow more peppers next year and want to stick with mostly super hots, but am looking to expand a little.

i think i will grow a plant from my caribbean red seeds from this year, i didn't take any great care to ensure self polination, but i will try them anyhow (i figure it's either an orange hab or tobasco cross, either of which could be interesting). 

also, i have picked up some lemon habanero and trinidad scorpion yellow (there is a bunch of other names on the packing list and I'm still very confused about the whole 'pot' 'brain strain' 'scorpion' 'butch' names), and plan to grow one each of next year.

i would like suggestions on a few other varieties to try: a tasty red (or two), and possibly a chocolate variety, both for sauce making if that makes any difference.

any input would be appreciated!

I suggest
Yellow 7 pot ( Quite hot and very tasty + sweet) depending on which yellow 7 pot*
Yellow Cardi Scorp is awesome too  Very hot*
Jamaican Hot Chocolate Habanero ( very tasty) Hot*
THSC Chocolate Scorpion ( awesome flavor that has a smoky and nutty taste ) Extremely hot*
Aji Pineapple ( Fantastic tasting pepper ) medium heat*
Any of the Nagas are great producers with great flavor and lots of heat. Very hot*
~Butch stands for Butch Taylor ( the creator of the Trinidad Scorpion "Butch T"
~ 7 Pot stands for being hot enough to heat up 7 pots of  stew or something similar

7 pod burgandy has a really nice color to look at and the flavor is sweet and crunchy flesh thier not super hot but thier still up thier i belive their around 800,000 to 1,000,000 and easy to use in food 

You gotta grow some stuff for everyday use...unless you and your family are gonna eat super hots everyday.

Big Jim - excellent roasted
Chimayo - great flavor

Aji Pineapple - great flavor, not too hot

Vodu said:
You gotta grow some stuff for everyday use...unless you and your family are gonna eat super hots everyday.

absolutely, i will grow some peppers that we will use for everyday use. and your suggestions are appreciated! 

thanks for all the other suggestions, this gives me some varieties to think about... those 7 pot burgundy peppers sound nice, as do all of the others... i may have to find more space for more pepper plants!

+1 on the 7 Pot Burgundy.  It is my favorite tasting superhot, sweet like honey.

Another must grow for an everyday pepper is Jimmy Nardelos.  VERY sweet with zero heat.  Great for the whole family.

you need  (at least)

Jalapeno
Aji Lemon drop
Bishop's crown
Cayenne
Habanero (whatever the variety  these is too much)
7 pot yellow
One Bhut type minimum  (chocolate, caramel, red, )
7 pot douglah
T.S Moruga blend
TS Butch T
Carolina reaper

This is my 1st year getting into peppers, and only grew cayenne, jalapeno's and orange habs. Won a few giveaways and purchased a few boxes on here, so got to try quite a few different varieties. Best every day peppers I've found (for my tastes anyway) were Jimmy Nardello (freaking delicious pepper!), aji pineapple, Brazilian starfish, bishop's crown and CGN 21500. New to supers, but tastiest reds for me would be bhuts,scorpions and brain strains. Best chocolate I've tried would be black naga. 

Back