• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Sulsa's 2022 grow log

As already stated in my welcome thread i'm fairly new to growing peppers. This is gonna be my second year of growing them.
Last year was quite a succes, started out with ten variaties that i could find locally and ended up with a garden full of lush plants and dito harvests. The climate here is not ideal for growing peppers, especially the 2021 season was quite wet arround here. Hoping this year will be a bit more favourable.

The plan for upcoming season is all about diversity in varieties. I'm trying to find the peppers i like the most and find good use for in the kitchen. Also cutting down on the number of plants per variety so i will not have to proces tons of peppers wich i don't really like.

Below my growlist for upcoming season:

Capsicum Pubescens (sowed 1-7-2022)

5x Rio Hualaga
5x Mini choco

Capsicum Chinense (sowed 1-15-2022)

5x Bonda ma Jacques
5x Bahamian goat
5x Habanero red
30x Adjuma yellow

Capsicum Frutescens

20x Chabai green

Capsicum Baccatum (sowed 1-15-2022)

5x Lemon drop
5x Aji mango
5x Sugar rush peach
5x Rainforrest

Capsicum annuum

5x Jalapeno el Jefe
5x Greek pepperoni
10x Cayenne
10x Cayenne #1 (big and beautyfull off pheno that popped up last year, giving it a try...)
5x Rawit
20x Piquillo de Lodosa
20x Kapia
20x Dulce de Espagna
5x Ancho negro

Most of this plants will be grown in containers in my backyard. I also have about 300 square meters of vegetable garden in wich i will grow a few varieties in open field. Did this last year with sweet peppers and this turned out pretty good.

20220117_103410.jpg

First hook for this season... Rocoto mini choco (7 days after it hit the dirt )

Last edited:
Those plants are loaded, Rene. I hope you
can broker a little more decent weather to
bring those to ripeness.
There will be a few more weeks with decent weather coming for sure. We often get a period of nasty weather just before fall around here. It's like nature is telling the plants that shit is about to come and they best get their things sorted!

They just keep coming...... 😵‍💫
Below is the harvest from the past few days. It takes me up to a week or so to process everything in the off hours when i don't have to work or tied up in other obligations and when done i go do some picking and all starts over again.... it's been going like this for almost two months now.
IMG_20221007_113004.jpg

I've been drying, mashing, freezing and eating so much peppers lately that i honestly hope winter is setting in fast. 😁
Temperature is dropping fast and a lot of plants start to yellow and a lot of fruits start to rip.
i decided to take down the plants of the varieties i don't like much and the plants that carry peppers wich don't seem to ripen anymore. According to my wife i won't have to grow peppers the next couple of years... i told her she was absolutely right, but then there are still lots of other varieties wich could elevate our cooking even more and than there are the overwinterers and so on.... She understands now that i will grow some moderate numbers of pepperplants again next year! :D

Also picked the remaining kapia and dulce de Espagna with color on them and also took down all the plants.
When these are gone i will not eat or even think sweet peppers for a month or 3 for sure!

IMG_20221007_113822.jpg

WOW, what an incredible glog Sulsa. Just caught up with your season and all I can say is this was just perfection. So professional and slick from the get go to the very well deserved mother load in the end. An inspirational glog - admirable. WOW!

Last edited:
According to my wife i won't have to grow peppers the next couple of years... i told her she was absolutely right, but then there are still lots of other varieties wich could elevate our cooking even more and than there are the overwinterers and so on.... She understands now that i will grow some moderate numbers of pepperplants again next year! :D

Haha I love how universal that comment is from loved ones to pepper nerds 😅