Summertime food contest and pickles and other things. VOTING TIME

Who Won?

• Jay T -- http://thehotpepper.com/topic/55849-summertime-food-contest-and-pickles-and-other-things/pa

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Joyners -- http://thehotpepper.com/topic/55849-summertime-food-contest-and-pickles-and-other-things/

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BigB -- http://thehotpepper.com/topic/55849-summertime-food-contest-and-pickles-and-other-things/#en

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Tctenten -- http://thehotpepper.com/topic/55849-summertime-food-contest-and-pickles-and-other-things

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
BigB said:

I always take my cooking seriously. Plus, it's convenient to have lobster 20ft from my house. always have a tail in the freezer at the least 

I had a tail in my freezer for a long time ... finally used it, lol ...

I have some goodies in my freezer still, though ... I think, anyways ...

I need lobsters. And crab. I just got a bunch of big shrimp. I think beginning of next week when I am off there might be a seafood feast. I'll still try to throw something together in here for you Pex.

Lobster Pad Thai:

pad thai sauce: fish sauce, thin dragonfly soy sauce, palm sugar, tamarind paste, garlic, sriracha (for spice and color)

Pad thai: pad thai sauce, broccoli, onions, garlic, 2 eggs, thai chili pepper, sous vide lobster, pad thai noodles, pickled red onion and thai peppers, roasted peanuts, pepper powder. wish i had some cilantro but oh well

20150724_152927.jpg

20150724_153424.jpg

20150724_154243.jpg

Oh yeah ... that looks really tasty ...

I've never had lobster pad thai, but I love chicken pad thai, and I like lobster so fuck yeah!

Had to turn on the Sansaire ...

grantmichaels said:
Oh yeah ... that looks really tasty ...

I've never had lobster pad thai, but I love chicken pad thai, and I like lobster so f**k yeah!

Had to turn on the Sansaire ...

I make pad thai a lot, but usually with coconut from the back. No coconuts right now, so the lobster pad thai was a first for me actually. Do you approve of the 3rd pic's quality? 

BigB said:

I make pad thai a lot, but usually with coconut from the back. No coconuts right now, so the lobster pad thai was a first for me actually. Do you approve of the 3rd pic's quality? 

Haha ... looks good to me ...

I figured the other two were steamy, and not soft focus ... LOL.

BigB said:

Looks good but seeing how it was your first kind of a stretch for your summertime favorite theme :) I'd tear it up however. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Looks good but seeing how it was your first kind of a stretch for your summertime favorite theme :) I'd tear it up however. 

Are there really favorite's once you can cook pretty well? ...

The more I can cook, the more inane it seems to try to label any one thing a favorite ...

I have like 9x favorite burgers, 13x favorite tacos, etc =)

What's your favorite Thai powder dish? Haha ...

JoynersHotPeppers said:

i've cooked pad thai a million times, in that sense it's a summertime favorite. hence why i said i usually use coconut but used lobster this time. just swapping proteins, like saying i made shrimp pad thai instead of chicken pad thai. Glad you like it though, come down to miami and we can snag a few bugs and recreate this dish, bring your thai powpow ;)

I used most of my favorite things in this one. A beer brat from Dogfish Head, my favorite brewery, bacon, cheese, pizza, peppers. How can this possibly go wrong?

102_0026.JPG

102_0027.jpg

102_0029.jpg

102_0030.jpg

102_0031.jpg

102_0035.jpg

102_0036.jpg

102_0037.jpg

102_0038.jpg

Almost forgot my POL

102_0039.jpg

pizza is homemade dough with a little of Waffle's sourdough starter, marinara, parmesan, fresh mozzarella, pepperoni, the Dogfish brats, bacon, sliced habs and jalapeno, this really good sweet and spicy bbq wing rub, and olive oil.

Attachments

• 102_0033.jpg
    102_0033.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 76
Its still a modified and more PITA way than I used to do it, but at least I can avoid Photofuckit again.
Heh, just noticed from my oven pic that my oven is spotless, that's freakin' rare.

These brats are Expresso Habanero Chicory Stout brats. I just love them. There is a hint of heat, a hint of sweetness, and the best aftertaste ever. I ate one just picking it up and gnawing on it. As far as their booze, I have enjoyed their rum, some of their flavored vodkas are good too. The peanut butter one comes to mind.

Back