• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Sun scald or pest?

Found these pods today at 1st it looked like something was eating it then i thought what on earth would be munching on SB MOA's, 

1_zpsc7lerhhl.jpg

Check your garden for tomato horn worms.  I had one do that to a couple of my morugas earlier this year before I found him and evicted him from my garden.

if it was a bug, the middle pepper was the first one it bit into, then the right one, then the left one......R.I.P. bug

charlesquik said:
They dont feel the pain but capsaicin is still a "toxin" wouldn't it hurt them without them knowing?

Some animals are immune to the toxin like birds and most bugs. I'm curious about fish? Possible shark repellent??

charlesquik said:
They dont feel the pain but capsaicin is still a "toxin" wouldn't it hurt them without them knowing?
Well, besides the pain we feel when consuming/expelling a pepper, they don't cause us any harm. From what I understand, the heat is there to discourage mammals from eating the peppers as the digestive tract of a mammal could cause the seed not to be viable. A bird on the other hand renders the seed almost certainly still viable after consumption, and upon exit, adding a little fertilizer to help.

Bugs would seem to only eat the flesh and not the seeds but I have no firsthand experience with this so couldn't say for sure.

Hogleg, if a shark were to spit me out after taking a taste test while I was out diving, I need not wonder why. I'll just make sure I load up on chilli the night before a dive.

SR.

Shorerider said:
Well, besides the pain we feel when consuming/expelling a pepper, they don't cause us any harm. From what I understand, the heat is there to discourage mammals from eating the peppers as the digestive tract of a mammal could cause the seed not to be viable. A bird on the other hand renders the seed almost certainly still viable after consumption, and upon exit, adding a little fertilizer to help.

Bugs would seem to only eat the flesh and not the seeds but I have no firsthand experience with this so couldn't say for sure.

Hogleg, if a shark were to spit me out after taking a taste test while I was out diving, I need not wonder why. I'll just make sure I load up on chilli the night before a dive.

SR.
I say that because ive heard story about people destroying their stomach by eating super hot so can it cause a little harm?

charlesquik said:
I say that because ive heard story about people destroying their stomach by eating super hot so can it cause a little harm?
You can also drown by drinking too much water.

SR.

Back