• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Sun Scald Or Something Else?

Hey guys, I recently noticed a few little white spots on my white aubergine plant and originally thought it was sun scald caused by drops of water on the leaves in the hot sun. I'm starting to doubt my diagnosis now though and was looking for second opinions on the problem. Check out the photos

Sorry for the extremely poor quality of the photos, hopefully it'll give you enough to go on : )

Cheers

Matt

my sun scald turns the leaves white
im not too sure but i would remove the effected leaves just as a preventive measure
it could be a focused light sun scald? sort of like when you use a magnifying glass but again not sure
thanks your friend Joe

Sunlight hitting a drop of water has an effect similar to the magnifying lense focus which Joe mentioned. Don't remove leaves just yet, but watch it a couple more days to see if it gets worse or not. 

Thanks guys, I'm keeping an eye on the affected plant and have isolated it just in case. Not sure if its my imagination but it does appear to be looking a little bit worse than it was. No new spots but the ones that are there are looking browner. Last year I had quite a bad problem with leaf spot in the raised beds, we had the wettest summer on record, these plants are in the greenhouse at least so should be slightly easier to control if it does end up being leaf spot

Back