• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Sunrise Scorpion

Anyone else growing this pepper?
V7r2IdU.jpg

Yep... nothing ripe, though. I've had very few of my supers ripen thus far. I can only assume it's the cooler summer we've been having? This time last year, I was knee deep in peppers.

Did you have any problems germinating them?  Out of more than 50 varieties only the Sunrise Scorpion and the King Naga (both from Fatalii) failed to fire.  Truth be known a single sunrise scorpion did germ after about 7 weeks but died shortly after transplanting. I would like to know what you think of them once you taste them.

Growing them. Didn't have any germination issues. Gave three pkants loaded with pods right now. Love the standing pods. Shapes have varied a bit, but a few have been scorp like.
Taste is good. Scorp taste with a bit of fruitiness. Heat was decent but not a record winner.

Robisburning said:
Did you have any problems germinating them?  Out of more than 50 varieties only the Sunrise Scorpion and the King Naga (both from Fatalii) failed to fire.  Truth be known a single sunrise scorpion did germ after about 7 weeks but died shortly after transplanting. I would like to know what you think of them once you taste them.
This was the only one that lived aphids took their usual 1/2 of my plants ha ha ! This Plant is growing hydroponic and is just loaded with pods ! I acquired my seeds from jungle rain! He has some great crosses too!

Back