• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Super Bhut!!!

Craig from Ecoseeds is the MAN. He's so good he even makes them germinate faster. WTF?

Chris

SuperBhut-Ecoseeds.jpg

POTAWIE said:
And Craig even apparently paid for the (tm) on this "habanero type" LOL

ha ha, I was loving that too. "super-bhut"! Pepper Joe missed his chance to TM his Giant Bhut and look what happened!

I guess if you're just looking for some bhut seeds though, the price is alright for 25 seeds.

I got one of these in the mail earlier this month as well. Gimmicky marketing ploys aside, it really is a good price for the amount of seeds you get. At the very least he is not ripping people off, and I have been satisfied when ordering seeds, so I am hesitant to start poking fun.

I will say I've had no issues with Craig's seeds from Ecoseeds. Prices are reasonable most times. The trademarking stuff is a little odd though. I think at one point he was selling 50 Bhut seeds for $2. Hell of a deal if true to form.

I was amazed today to see a local nursery selling gorgeous Bhut Jolokia seedlings for $2. These were in 4.5" round pots and large. Nice to see someone not trying to make a killing on the stuff. Nice family business. There's another nursery a few more miles away that sells Nagas for $5 a plant and more for larger ones. Looks like they got competition finally!!! I'm just happy to see more diversity this year in the pepper world. Things are changing a bit I see. :)

I asked them if they had any strawberry cheesecake Small Bang Nagas PRF. They said not this year.

Chris

Yeah what's up with trade marking a plant? Corn or soy beans or grain yeah but a superhot pepper that doesn't even put a blip of noticable buisness on the economy? Maybe even a chile that is feasable for large scale consumer consumption. Even forage and hay species, anything important to the consumer market but TMing a superhot seems like a waste of somebodys time at the patent office.

Oh well. Some people derive satisfaction from paper others just knowing they did something successful is enough

Interesting enough though. Good bang for the buck if it produces well.

What's interesting in that you can't really trademark a pepper, just the name. That is unless you get PVP(Plant variety protection) status

"A trademark is the individual "brand name" of a particular type of seed soldby a particular company, and acts as an indicator for the source of the seed. The fact is, any number of companies can each sell the same variety of seed under their owntrademarks, provided they comply with all other applicable laws. For example, AB Company may,if it wishes, sell the public domain, non-certified broccoli variety known as "Wok" under itswidely-recognized (and federally registered) GENIUS® trademark..."

http://209.85.207.104/search?q=cache...n&ct=clnk&cd=2 (link no longer working:()

25 Bhut Jolokia seeds for $5 is a great price--if they really are Bhut Jolokia seeds.

I can't get past him claiming the Tepin is the hottest pepper in the land.

Back