• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

super light green new growth

i have 2 douglahs and 2 Brain strain in soil and in DWC. the new growth growing in looks light like cabbage! the older growth looks nice and green. i will post a picture tonight. i have been searching and nothing seems to explain it. i looked at the nute deficiency chart and nothing really matches what i am seeing, could it bee coolerweather? any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

they are out on my balcony and it gets direct sun(when its out) from morning till sunset. its been cool and cloudy for last few days. but it has been like this for awhile now. its only effecting the little guys( they are 2-3 months old) all my other pepper plants are green as usual also the plants that are effected i have not seen any abnormal growth, its just super light yellow/green.

Eric, it could also be that the mites are back. I have heard they go after the newer growth and can discolor foilage. Hope I am wrong :)

Well maybe if you could post some pics tonight some of the experts could give you a better analysis. I only say that cause quite often new growth is much lighter than older growth and can take some time to green up. But you already know this. I sure hope it isn't the M word.Fingers crossed

Well maybe if you could post some pics tonight some of the experts could give you a better analysis. I only say that cause quite often new growth is much lighter than older growth and can take some time to green up. But you already know this. I sure hope it isn't the M word.Fingers crossed
i hope you are right! LOL i just know that the growth is not deformed like it was with the infestation, i may just spray again tonight since i will be gone next week if it is mites, i would hate to come home to dead plants!

It sounds like iron deficiency. This is typically caused by high ph. Lower the ph and give it two weeks. I used aspirin when I had the prob

here are pics of the plants
IMG_2987.jpg

IMG_2986.jpg

IMG_2985.jpg

IMG_2984.jpg

i am not 100% sure, for the soil plants i gave them a good flushing yesterday, and will flush them the next 3 waterings. no nutes at all just tap water. i think the PH down may have added too much phosphorus in the soil which locked out other nutes, so i am flushing it out. in the DWC i did a Soloution change and just used PPM700 PH 5-6. one DWC is doing better the other is still looking ok not great. night just be the cooler weather too! so just going to keep them alive and trial and error till spring!

What ever it is I'd guess that you won't be able to see results until more new growth appears. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Back