• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant Super tiny leaves plant. Found at local nursery. Worth buying?

Hi All,

Found these at my local nursery. I have never seen pepper with leaves this tiny. Was wondering if this is something special and worth buying. The leaves smaller than the size of a jelly bean. and the fruits are tiny pointy bird eye type.  I asked the store guy what type of chili plant it was. He just said it was a chili pepper plant and doesn't know what type.

So are these any special or is it just something I have never seen before?

DxMyqY4.jpg

The bottom row are the plants I am talking about and the top row are your average thai bird eyes. The leaves size and pods size difference between the two is huge. Thais are already small but these are tiny. Sorry for bad pic. It was dusk and I got shaky hands.

30gXwSD.jpg

A Side view
e66N1JM.jpg

Pictures of the Flower
k5alLf3.jpg

It appears to be some kind of tiny pequin type. It looks fairly similar to Amish Bush https://www.buckeyepepper.com/amish-bush and Thai Hot Ornamental https://bonnieplants.com/product/thai-hot-ornamental-pepper/ to me. I grew the Thai Hot Ornamental a couple of years ago. The pods had a pretty good kick for their size, and the plants were compact and looked attractive when they were fruiting. It is a "bird pepper" type, so the tiny pods were full of seeds. It was a nice little ornamental pepper. I would say go ahead and buy it if it appeals to you, but don't buy it thinking it is some extremely rare variety. It probably isn't.

We had a plant like that on our kitchen table for over a year. The super tiny peppers were freakishly hot. Just a couple chopped in a small bowl of nacho cheeze dip made it amazingly hot. Ours was labeled as a Christmas tree pepper but im sure it was some kind of Thai Ornamental. Pods were only a little bigger than a piece of long grain rice.

My dad chopped up 5 of them in a bowl of chilli. The chilli was FLAMING hot and was mildish before adding the little devils. Ours were super tiny peppers and super tiny plant. Literally not much bigger than a grain of rice and the plant was about as large as half a basket ball. Ive never found one identical to it again.

Back