• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Superhot or not?

Ok, so I set out a few months ago to grow some superhots indoors. The grow has been fantastic, but now I'm afraid I may have brought some bad seeds. These two plants are supposed to be Bhut Jolokia (red) and Trinidad Scorpion Morouga (red).

So far, they don't look how I expect, So I'd like to ask our experts here if they can help ID these two plants. Note: I've got 2 plants of each type with identical looking peppers, so I don't think they're just mutated.

Plant1 Fruit:

Plant1 Flowers (Sorry no good picture for this):

Plant1 Leaf:

Plant2 Fruit:

Plant2 Flower:

Plant2 Leaf:

Plant3 (same as 2):

Hathron said:
Sorry to break it to yeh, but those are not Bhuts or scorps:( To me they look like a green bell pepper and  a wax or santa fe granda.
Yeah they didn't look like it to me either.
The first does not look like any bell pepper I have grown, they're usually much more round.

Yeah, those are definitely not bhuts or scorps.  I would go with a sweet/green pepper of some sort and a wax pepper.  Sounds like you already know this, but don't buy from Ebay!  If you were in Australia I would send you some seeds for a better start.  Maybe someone in the states will offer some up.

ivplay said:
Yeah, those are definitely not bhuts or scorps.  I would go with a sweet/green pepper of some sort and a wax pepper.  Sounds like you already know this, but don't buy from Ebay!  If you were in Australia I would send you some seeds for a better start.  Maybe someone in the states will offer some up.
Thanks for the sentiment, I appreciate it. On the bright side, I did get some indoor growing experience. That's got to count for something. My potential frost dates are November to February, so I should get about an 8 month growing window.

bravesfan said:
Pm me. We will chat
PM sent.

Geonerd said:
The yellow one looks like it might be big enough to eat.  Give it a try.  Maybe it's a new super-hot hybrid?!   :P 

Hope you didn't pay too much for the seeds.
The yellow one is decently spicy and it was ripe. I let one go a bit longer and it darkened up, but was very bitter.

Got a refund, actually. If anyone wants some of these seeds let me know :)

Do not buy from this scammer.
eBay seller ID: dude5694

Jetchuka said:
Ebay seller offering refunds for mislabeled seeds?

That's a first for me !!

He didn't offer and I can be quite persuasive.

Also, they were not mislabeled. It is intentional. He has other neutral/negative feedbacks regarding lying about the seed variety.

Back