• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Suppose to be morugas. Yay or nay

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373401307.293449.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373401317.421907.jpg

Just did my first harvest on that plant. It was one of those i was not 100% sure of but was labeled as moruga TS when I got the seeds.

Looks like Morugas to me!

Yeah I was concerned about the outside appearance. Hopefully the second set of pods will be more bumpy. My experience is that always the first pod set never look very true. Might be a cross with something since these are OP.

I stupidly cut that pod open without gloves, rubber my forehead and cheek and set my skin on fire!

Island_Dan said:
Yeah I was concerned about the outside appearance. Hopefully the second set of pods will be more bumpy. My experience is that always the first pod set never look very true. Might be a cross with something since these are OP.

I stupidly cut that pod open without gloves, rubber my forehead and cheek and set my skin on fire!

I can see quite the spot of capsaicin oil inside one of the halves...

Dan, mine aren't red yet, but they look exactly like this random pic I got when you google moruga. To me, yours don't really resemble that pod shape, but maybe it is just the first pods that look different. Good luck finding out, they look hot as hell either way.

Trinidad-Moruga-Sc_2140472b.jpg

It looks like a nay, but they definitely look hot!  (Yum!)  The difference in climate and soil conditions could account for the lack of bumpiness.  In T&T, they also grow with a little "tail" which I don't see.  Either way, enjoy!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373507918.957133.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373507928.656264.jpg

This is what happened to them. Cooked up and made into a sauce. It has agave, honey, cider vinegar, diced pineapples and diced mangoes plus all the peppers. (Thanks Pex for guidance with my first sauce attempt).
Anyway great flavor for about a second and then it punches hard in the face for even contemplating a compliment. It's almost inedible because its so spicy but I am a wuss.

Looks awesome but I bet that is f-ing hot if those are morugas. I've made enough sauces with supers to know that it only takes a few in a batch that size to make it fiery hot. You have a lot more than a few.

Island_Dan said:
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373507918.957133.jpg
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373507928.656264.jpg

This is what happened to them. Cooked up and made into a sauce. It has agave, honey, cider vinegar, diced pineapples and diced mangoes plus all the peppers. (Thanks Pex for guidance with my first sauce attempt).
Anyway great flavor for about a second and then it punches hard in the face for even contemplating a compliment. It's almost inedible because its so spicy but I am a wuss.
Give it a week or so it will mellow a bit and blend - looks funky 

Back