• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

pod Supposed to be "Jamaican Habanero"

Okay, I do not have a ripe pepper yet, but couldn't wait to share what this looks like. I sampled the pepper below, unripe, and found it to be quite hot. The peppers start off yellow and slowly turn a shade of white... almost cream color.

It looks similar to a habanero, but could it be a cross? Some of the peppers come down to a point at the end (not a tail like primos or reapers). Also, you can notice the color of the calyx is weird... All the peppers seem to have this. Remember, this is not ripe.

I don't care too much on whether this gets identified or not because the chances are slim, but i thought this plant was really cool and wanted to share. So tell me what you think!

(Sorry for the low quality pictures)

CAPCOM said:
Looks almost like a white Tasmanian habanero, not that there is one. but the shape leans that way.

How is the flavor?

Hard to describe since it was in such an early stage. Flavor hadn't really developed yet, and tasted kinda like a green bell. I know, lots of help, huh? :rolleyes:  I should have multiple ripe ones to try in a while. 

Forgot to mention, my plant from these seeds have not set pods, and these pictures are coming from my granpda's plant.

AZ-Mason said:

I don't care too much on whether this gets identified or not because the chances are slim, but i thought this plant was really cool and wanted to share. So tell me what you think!

(Sorry for the low quality pictures)

Is that a bigass grasshopper on the pepper kinda back to the left?  Looks like the butt end of one.

Do all the pods on the plant have that shape?  A few of my mustard habs kinda looked like that a few weeks before they were ripe but most on the plant looked normal afterward.  They were the first pods of the season.
Oh, and COYG Mr YNWA... 5-1 be damned

I can't seem to find the grasshopper you're talking about, but he hasn't had any pest problems... all of the shapes are pretty similar to each other, and the color is all the same. I've had this profile picture for a day and already comments about the gunners? Lol.

PepperLover said:
I thought it was my jalapeño up until the pods formed. Just assumed there was a mix-up. My plants have larger, less annuum-like leaves, and multiple buds per node. Look like Chinense. Just can't get any sets to confirm they are the same plant. Wondering what could be the issue...

AZ-Mason said:
I can't seem to find the grasshopper you're talking about, but he hasn't had any pest problems... all of the shapes are pretty similar to each other, and the color is all the same. I've had this profile picture for a day and already comments about the gunners? Lol.

gBzvOHM.jpg

Circled what I noticed in red.

Big Arsenal fan from Texas here... can get awfully passionate about my Gunners!

Back