• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

pod supposedly yellow brainstrain, anyone know what this is

bought this plant from a fellow member. he said it was supposed to be a yellow brainstrain. but this is what came out. has a bunch of peppers. had one yesterday, i think i mightve picked it alittle early , had the premature flavor and the heat was just above a hab. really tasty though very strong fruit fragrance like most yellows ive had
24owu4p.jpg
2niw26r.jpg
dvt4yv.jpg

maanmaan said:
That's what we were thinking, maybe a cross
It happens, unfortunately. Check out Judy at Pepperlover. She has a buy 3 get 6 deal and one of her varieties in the Yellow Moruga scorpion, which is similar to the Yellow Brain. I have a few Yellow Brain seeds if you`d like some.

Yup...a cross. I think I can see some Yellow Brain lineage in there though. No telling what the father was though??? Some of my mystery crosses are my favorite plants. Just think, you're likely the only one to ever grow this particular pod. Sounds like a keeper too! I have grown Yellow Brains from a few different sources and they've all been a bit different. Some perfectly Brain shaped...others huge and more elongated. Flavor and heat is fairly consistent though and much hotter than you described. I am still pulling some Yellow Brains this season, and I work in Seal Beach so stay in touch and I may be able to bring you some pods.

Nigel said:
It happens, unfortunately. Check out Judy at Pepperlover. She has a buy 3 get 6 deal and one of her varieties in the Yellow Moruga scorpion, which is similar to the Yellow Brain. I have a few Yellow Brain seeds if you`d like some.
thank you nigel, ill take a look. a fellow member sent me some seeds in the mail today, a part of a noob freebie. i appreciate it though
stc3248 said:
Yup...a cross. I think I can see some Yellow Brain lineage in there though. No telling what the father was though??? Some of my mystery crosses are my favorite plants. Just think, you're likely the only one to ever grow this particular pod. Sounds like a keeper too! I have grown Yellow Brains from a few different sources and they've all been a bit different. Some perfectly Brain shaped...others huge and more elongated. Flavor and heat is fairly consistent though and much hotter than you described. I am still pulling some Yellow Brains this season, and I work in Seal Beach so stay in touch and I may be able to bring you some pods.i 
i agree stc, so far no complaints , tasty pod for sure. ill definetly have to take you up on the pods.
P. Dreadie said:
Looks like a Harold's St Bart , but how knows for sure . That was my first thought 

StBart2010.jpg

Bartsb2010.jpg
i have a few of these(harolds saint barts) that came in an package of pods i bought, and they look nothing like mine, nor yours now that i think about it. mine are much bigger than the st barts. at least twice the size
2n7p6jn.jpg
this was the very first one i pulled off of this plant

Back