• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Sure could use some help ID ing these peppers

002.jpg
003-1.jpg
[url="http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o534/Corene1/004.jpg%5B/IMG"] [/url] ] I

I grew these from seeds and I don't believe they are the Butch T's they were advertised as . The other seeds that came from the same package are totaly different, they look just like the butch t pictures I have seen here. Could these be some kind of cross breed? They are not quite as hot as the red Butch T's I have growing from the same seed pack. I am a new grower and could really use some input. Hope the pictures show enough detail. I am not 100% on how to post pictures yet. Thanks everyone.

I'm thinking TS cross too. They show some characteristic of ButchT pods... and the fact that the other plant produced what looks to you to be true. Most likely (but not necessarily), I'd say you got some seeds from a crossed pod mixed in with seeds from a true pod.

Thanks for the help. I too am thinking they are a cross of some sort. They are actually very good tasting, sweet and fruity but not near as hot as the Butch T. I have some yellow 7 pot growing also but have yet to get pods, the weather here has been in the 100's most of the month and the pods won,t stick they yellow and fall off. With some cooler weather I am hoping to have some better results. It will be interesting to compare the two of them. I am understanding that a 7 pot is VERY hot and these are only slightly hotter than a good habenero. Again Thank you.

Here are a few more pictures
002.jpg
005.jpg
002.jpg

I bought Butch T trinidad scorpions from Hinterland trading company off of Amazon. 2 of them look normal and 2 of them look like the pictures posted. Maybe a couple of seeds fell in the pack or maybe they weren't pure seeds. My second batch of seeds came from Niel Smith, Hippy seed co. and they all look the way they are supposed to. I really don't have a complaint about the pepper, It is quite a nice pepper. I just don't know what it is. Good fruity flavor and a nice size. It is a bit hotter than a good habenero but the heat is very slow to come on . Starts in the back of the throat and then moves forward . I am going to save some seeds from them and see what comes up next year.

Oh, those ones and the more pure looking ones were from two different sources? That might change the odds of the orange ones being a ButchT cross... although it still a possibility they could be.

No the 2 oddballs came from the same package as the 2 good ones from Hinterland trading co. Niels seeds were a second set of plants altogether
Oh, those ones and the more pure looking ones were from two different sources? That might change the odds of the orange ones being a ButchT cross... although it still a possibility they could be.

Gotcha. I'm putting my money back on impure seeds making it into the batch then.

Are you going to grow them on? Variation in future generations will confirm whether it's a hybrid or not (provided you isolate).... although identifying the parents still wouldn't be any easier. Given they came in with ButchT seeds, if some future generations started growing tails, I would see it as a strong indication of ButchT cross though.

It will be fun finding out what they are . I am going to grow them at my sons house a few miles away so as not to get any cross breeding. He doesn't grow plants at all and I have heard of useing a fine netting also helps. As I said they are really good tasting just not super hot. Really good in fruit salasa's I was worried that I wasn't growing them right and that is why they were a little low on heat but I just picked a Naga Morich from another plant ( Hippy Seed Co.) and yes sir it is hot! So what I need to check for in future generations is the forming of a tail . If that happens I would have a cross of some type and if they stay the same I am guessing they were something else that just got into the seed packet.

+1 .... they look a lot like my orange scorpions.
They don't have the heat that a scorpion has they are only slightly hotter than a good Habenero but they do taste good

They look like a cross to me. Some type of yellow 7 or scorpion perhaps.
Whatever they may be they look delicious to me!
They are very good . not super hot but hotter than a habenero. I am going to try and make some stuffed peppers with then this weekend. I saw some onhere that looked really good

strange! what I thought was a butch t has pods coming out just like yours! out of the same pack of seeds my friend grew a pod that looked more like a butch t and all 3 of his pods ripened to red.
the first lot of pods of mine that came out looked mostly like this and similar. Dark Green and really shiny Ripening to yellow
P1030228.jpg

P1030231.jpg

Now the plant is older and the weather is getting slightly warmer its putting out pods that look like the pictures earlier in this thread.
Lighter green, not as shiny, longer rather than wider. All off the same plant.
P1030256.jpg

P1030252.jpg

P1030259.jpg

sorry to hijack! figured mine looked similar to the pods in here. any suggestions? same suggestions?

Back