• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Surviving Blair's 16 Million Reserve... Bottle #773/999

Hello All,

I've noticed that very few people have actually been dumb enough to break the seal on their Blair's 16 Million Reserve and are even dumber to try it. Moreover, even fewer know that the crystallized form passes through your system without dissolving and that melting the crystals before consuming unlocks the try hell of Blair's 16 Million. Finally, no one (I have been able to find) has done all these things, recorded it, and posted it up on youtube.

Well ladies and gents, I have and here is the first video ever recorded and posted of the experience. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHZ5TwcGcyQ

Technically, as far as I know, there is no such thing as 16 million capsaicin outside of a lab.  All the capsaicin powders on the market are 95% pure which is 15.2mil.  Either way, it's really freakin' hot!  The guy's got cajones! 

Welcome to THP!

salsalady

Nigel said:
Are you the Mayor of Toronto?
Lol! Saw comments like that coming. :D

I've tried just eating the crystal extract and it was maybe the heat of a jalapeño. You really have to melt with heat or dissolve in alcohol to get the full effect.

And let me tell you boys and girls, milk and ice cream does very little, you'd have to keep eating and drinking non-stop. Numbing the tongue seems to work far better than anything else.

Also the full effect seems to last at least 30 minutes before it STARTS to let up.
salsalady said:
Technically, as far as I know, there is no such thing as 16 million capsaicin outside of a lab.  All the capsaicin powders on the market are 95% pure which is 15.2mil.  Either way, it's really freakin' hot!  The guy's got cajones! 

Welcome to THP!

salsalady
Technically the Scoville method of heat/spice "measurement" is subjective anyway. In any event, I doubt there is any "normal" person alive that wouldn't be absolutely lit up by this stuff.

Thanks for the welcome!

kasusbelli said:
Technically the Scoville method of heat/spice "measurement" is subjective anyway.
The original test delveloped by Mr. Scoville himself may have been subjective, but the HPLC test used now are not. Hence 95% pure = 15.2 million SHU, not made up numbers. They are still called Scoville Heat Units today as a mear nod to Sir Wilbur.

Edit: I should add that I am not calling Blair's a liar, they "round up" for marketing, I get that. And no doubt that shit is hot. :flamethrower:

Scoville DeVille said:
The original test delveloped by Mr. Scoville himself may have been subjective, but the HPLC test used now are not. Hence 95% pure = 15.2 million SHU, not made up numbers. They are still called Scoville Heat Units today as a mear nod to Sir Wilbur.

Edit: I should add that I am not calling Blair's a liar, they "round up" for marketing, I get that. And no doubt that shit is hot. :flamethrower:
I know just giving you shit. :)

I do wonder how you know that Blair's 16 Million is only 95% pure? Do you have a link to some empirical data? Or you just assuming since others are only 95% pure?

I agree with that sentiment, LDHS. :lol:  "Surviving" a sauce is not necessarily a good thing~~~  That whole other stratosphere of "food additives" though...... :flamethrower:

I'm the one who brought up the 15.2mil thing.  I work with 15.2mil capsaicin powder and based on what I know from various capsaicin suppliers, capsaicin powders are 15.2mil with 16mil only being available from a lab and it's very expensive to produce.  I haven't specifically looked for 16 mil so I cannot say if or where it's available.  I also "heard" a while back that a company selling something 16mil was in trouble for false advertising.  Just tried to google that and can't find anything about that.... so I guess it can't be said that the Blair's is definitely NOT 16 mil.....   as I said..."as far as I know"....

Anyway, this is a side topic and I'm sure the victim VOLUNTEER who did the video is not going to tell any difference or quibble about a measly .8mil SHU!  It's Freakin' HOT!!!    
:mouthonfire:

Back