• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Sweet Peet or ProMix for growing medium

My Menards has it too and thats a good price.

Looks like Its higher in peat than most Promix stuff though.

Perlite 2-7%
Peat Moss 82-87%
Peat Humus 8-12%

ShowMeDaSauce said:
My Menards has it too and thats a good price.

Looks like Its higher in peat than most Promix stuff though.

Perlite 2-7%
Peat Moss 82-87%
Peat Humus 8-12%

i just chatted with an online promix person. she said its more of a retail peat mix. specifically not a professional product.

Bummer.
I guess I am back at the normal part of the decision making process where you realize there is no perfect solution.

I may have to spend some time and try to find a retailer to get a truckload of potting mix - whatever they have.

marxxx said:
Bummer.
I guess I am back at the normal part of the decision making process where you realize there is no perfect solution.

I may have to spend some time and try to find a retailer to get a truckload of potting mix - whatever they have.

Just find the best compost you can afford and mix it one part with one part coco coir or peat moss and one part lava rock

Imo save your money and do raybos 3-2-1. Blows pure promix out the water. 3 parts potting mix (promix bx is used often) 2 parts composted bark fines preferably pine if not then fir. 1 part coarse perlite. Some add a extra 1 part of floor dry diatomaceous earth.

Switch a couple years back and it cant be beat. Imo works better than 5-1-1 or straight promix

Back