• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Sweetest hot peppers.

Hello everyone! I am new here. I did a search lol. I am looking for a pepper that is at least as hot as a habanero. Looking for something that has a sweet fruity flavor. I had a yellow scotch bonnet tonight (looked like a hab) that had a very prominent citrusy flower like chemical taste to it that I really didn't care for. So I would like to avoid peppers that have that type of taste. Does anything come to mind?

Try a chocolate or peach hab.

Most of the peppers higher on the scale aren't noticeably sweet, and exhibit varying quantities of the attributes you don't find desirable (floral, chemical). But in a hab, you can actually taste the sugars.

Chocolate habs are in my top 3 all time fave peppers.

Just remembered a couple that pop out. The Burgundy, and orange 7 pots. Both have nicely balanced flavor. And both have a decent amount of genuine sweetness without that chemical taste some get.

You could try the fatalii or Bonda ma Jacques. I've found both to be sweet and have a fruity flavour. And both are around hab hot.

Chocolate Habs and Burgundy 7-pots, although the Burgundy is way hotter than a Habanero.

Other good ones are the White Fatalii (mine came from from Ajijoe) and the Trinidad Scorpion Sweet (mine came from Justaguy). 

Thanks guys. I just put in a order through pepperlover.com for the Burgundy 7 Pot. My grow list for 2014 - Red Ghost, Yellow Brain Strain, Burgundy 7 Pot, Giant Aconcagua, and a unknown medium sized pepper from a Amish stand that was the sweetest, best tasting pepper I have ever had. I can't wait for the growing season to start again.

Back