• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

Switching from t8's to 1k hps, what should i be keeping my eye on ?

On aphids: Use an infusion of super hot peppers and spray very liberally indoors.  Just joking, I made my nose bleed doing that just the other day.

ajdrew said:
Ed Currie says he gets x generations a year but have never read how he manages that.  Am willing to bet it is with a lot of light and CO2 in a tent or some other way to seal them up.  Makes for growing out cross breeds much faster.  So there is certainly cause for tents / sealed areas.  I am just not that rich.

What you said about fire.  Yep, I forget my blessing.  I live in a house that used to have a cistern.  Former owner drained it, cut a doorway into the basement wall, and installed a thick steel door.  Strangest thing, he also ran electric into the place and the door is in a closet.  I have to vent the hell out of it or it gets too humid, but I think I could have a bonfire in there and not worry about the house.

Wierd... how much electricity? Sounds like an old grow room :D

Miguelovic - When we bought the house it was a single 20 amp circuit breaker dedicated to that room.  It was the coolest conversion I cold imagine.  In the basement laundry room, there is a pvc water pipe that goes from the former cistern.  He cut the water pipe near the circuit breaker box, put a GFI there before entering the pipe, then ran the cable threw the pvc water pipe.  No need for a new hole.

The door is in a closet and there are indications of racks or something that may have been in front of it, but I do not think it was a grow room.  I think it was a safe room / bunker / doomsday thing.  The door locks from the inside and I know he was a firearms enthusiast.  Over the years I have tilled the property, i have worked up quite a collection of spent brass casings.  His favorite seemed to be 5.56 mm and 7.62 mm, but it is cool to note their has been some fairly unusual ones as well.  45 long colt is kind of unusual and I found a rimfire that looks to be about .45.

Tilling and digging the property has been the coolest thing.  I now have a collection of elixir bottles from prohibition era.  You know, the its meditation not booze thing.

Back