• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Symptom of stress or something else?

I have recently been experiencing the yellowing of new growth. The peppers were recently infested with an epidemic outbreak of aphids and treated with one application of pyrethrin. Each seeding was transplanted from the sprouting tray into the solo cup with the addition of 2 match heads for sulfur. The growing medium consists of MG and perlite only.

20140201_001758.jpg

20140201_001842.jpg

20140201_001911.jpg

they might have like a chemical burn from the pyrethrin, next time you get aphids type mixing soap and water in a spray bottle and spraying it on the leaves of your plants where the aphids attact, a friend of mine told me this and it worked well and didn't even kill my plants.

Jem936 said:
they might have like a chemical burn from the pyrethrin, next time you get aphids type mixing soap and water in a spray bottle and spraying it on the leaves of your plants where the aphids attact, a friend of mine told me this and it worked well and didn't even kill my plants.
In my recent experience, soaps don't work for aphids except to make them clean aphids.

96strat said:
There's I spray called liquid ladybug works in two days and does not kill the plant.
I haven't seen that available locally as its kinda out of season right now here in zone 5.

The company is ecoorganics.com in Dallas tx
Info@ecoorganics.com best stuff I have ever used for kill aphids and eggs. Want hurt plants. Other great products too. Liquid ladybug, Ecovie.
Hope that helps anyone with aphids. Call and you can talk to August the inventor. 96strat

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:01 PM
Jem936, on 31 Jan 2014 - 11:32 PM, said:
Jem936 said:
In my recent experience, soaps don't work for aphids except to make them clean aphids.

mix water with a VERY light dawn liquid dish soap (original). This will kill everything, be gentle on the plants, and you can clean the oil off of penguins if you want!

I think I have seen success with about 1 tsp of soap in a 1 liter bottle of water

Back