• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Symptoms...

Can anyone of you identify the cause of the following symptoms?

Left-most chili: Czechoslovakian Black
90rql1.jpg

Habanero Dulce:
242icr7.jpg

la3bl.jpg

Recently (week ago) transplated into a nice and fancy organic soil mix containing spaghnum moss and i suppose degredaded compost and the sorts. 

Watering:
I let them almost dry out between watering

Fertilizer:
None. Only used some "BioRoot Plus" additive to enhance a good microbial balance in the soil. 

Light:
They grow in a very sunny windowsill. I maintain temperatures between 20 and 35 degC. It was recently warm enough to have them outside for a couple of hours. They were out some hours for three days in a row.

My own guess: They are not used to such rich soil (--> leaf wrinkling), and they've been burned slightly by the sun (--> the "burn" spots). Alternatively....could they have spider mites?? :(. The Czechoslovakian Black plant looks  really strange. Strange deform leafs - almost doesnt look like a chili. Has been like that since sprouting. The symptoms are new on the Habanero's....halp :S

=)

Cheers, happy growing, keep it spicy.

I much apprechiate your answers. Thank you. They seem to be getting better - or at least, it isn't spreading :like:

I got another picture for you though. It looks like starting chlorolsis. Too much light, or iron deficiency?? I know it looks like image flare/glossy leaf, but thats not entirely the case.

30trywg.jpg

Darkgreen said:

I much apprechiate your answers. Thank you. They seem to be getting better - or at least, it isn't spreading :like:

I got another picture for you though. It looks like starting chlorolsis. Too much light, or iron deficiency?? I know it looks like image flare/glossy leaf, but thats not entirely the case.

30trywg.jpg

What pepper is this? Is it supposed to have purple leaves? Looks like the newer leaves are too light green, they either need more nitrogen or more sunlight.

If the purple is a normal finding then the plant looks in good health to me besides the above. If you're worried about mites get a good undershot of the leaves for us that will help.

Viital thing to forget..

Its the Pink Tiger chili (Pimenta De Neyde x Bhut Jolokia). My seeds dealer had bought some from the creator himself Enrico Lai. So it makes sense that the leafs are purple. 

Edit: actually found this image of a similar plant, that seems to have some white tinge in the leafs aswell.

Dear fellow growers. I got another observation for you =)...

I see a beginning blackening from the leaf stems that seems to be spreading outward. It almost looks like the same pigment (anthocyanin) as in some of the annuums (with darker/purple leafs), but i'm not sure that this is a trait that this strain should have....

Carolina Reapers. With darkening top leafs....halp! :D :S

5esqoo.jpg

Back