• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

T8...Usable Lifespan?

You are asking about useable lifespan. That would be half of the actual lifespan. From HTG Supply website, "Most lamps sold have a 'rated life' that is stated on the carton or the literature. Rated life refers to the point at which 50% of the lamps will be 'burned out' and 50% of the lamps will still operate". So, if your specific bulb is say 20,000 hrs, then replace at 10,000 hrs because that is when it stops being truly useful. My T8 bulbs are 20,000 hr rated, but I do not know about yours specifically. For my specific bulbs (rated 20,000 hrs) running at 16 hrs daily equals 2 years until replacement (which is about 10,000 hrs).

ms1476 said:
You are asking about useable lifespan. That would be half of the actual lifespan. From HTG Supply website, "Most lamps sold have a 'rated life' that is stated on the carton or the literature. Rated life refers to the point at which 50% of the lamps will be 'burned out' and 50% of the lamps will still operate". So, if your specific bulb is say 20,000 hrs, then replace at 10,000 hrs because that is when it stops being truly useful. My T8 bulbs are 20,000 hr rated, but I do not know about yours specifically. For my specific bulbs (rated 20,000 hrs) running at 16 hrs daily equals 2 years until replacement (which is about 10,000 hrs).
Thanks.

No problem. If you do not have your original packaging or paperwork that accompanied your bulbs, try emailing the sources that you purchased your bulbs from, including any markings written on the bulbs and their size. They should be able to tell you the ratings. Good luck with your grow.

Back