• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Tabasco brand Habanero sauce

Denio said:
Tina, here is a link explaining probably more than you wanted to learn about lutefisk.. A little humor is included.
http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/lutefisk

This is even more disgusting.. leave it to the Swedes to outdo the Norwegian's http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Surstromming

I wonder how people come up with ideas like this. Was someone years ago sitting around wondering, "hmmm...i wonder what fish would taste like if i soaked it in some violent caustic sh*t".
It was propably the same clown who came up with the idea for enemas.
"hmmm...i don't feel so good. My stomach is killing me. Maybe i'll squirt some water up my ass."

All the Tabasco products; the latest the Habanero, is so vinegar based, like all Gringo based salsas-sauces, the ambience of the 'pepper' base/taste is lost in translation with all that vinegar.

The latest salsa I just did last night, a Sonora Habanero Borracha, with 5 Habaneros, 5 T of cumin, 10 Verde Serranos, 18 NM Red Chilis, 10 Roma tomatos--blackened, and one bunch of Celantro with garlic and one Annie Green Smith Apple with one 24 oz. can of Negrito beer and lemon juice, now that it has married over night, is what Tabasco could do along with so many other gringo sauces, with the hot rich flavor of the pepper, and the virtual lack of the sour bitter taste of all that vinegar. Weird.

As an aside when I'm in a bar sometimes having a brew it is fun to have someone bet me $50 to drink a 8 oz. beer glass of Tabasco. Great fun as they ohh and ha. But as most of you know as you build up tolerance (been eating hot stuff for 43 years now) doing that stunt is no big deal at all--just a sporty hot juice is all........

Tabasco just doesn't cut it for most of us.......

Boanergez

Boanergez said:
All the Tabasco products; the latest the Habanero, is so vinegar based, like all Gringo based salsas-sauces, the ambience of the 'pepper' base/taste is lost in translation with all that vinegar.

Tabasco just doesn't cut it for most of us.......

Boanergez

I agree that Tabasco doesn't cut it with most chileheads. I do tend to respectfullly disagree with your comment, "like all Gringo based salsas-sauces." There are many small sauce makers in the US and Canada that produce some of the best products a consumer can purchase. The majority of these manufacturers will never see their products in a chain of stores, due to the fact that their products contain such a high content of pepper solids, and other high quality ingredients, that they can't compete with the big guys who only use around 5% pepper solids in their mass produced bottles of flavored vinegar. I say this not to make a sell or to be an ass, but to make a point that not all Gringo sauces are bad.

Cap said:
I agree that Tabasco doesn't cut it with most chileheads. I do tend to respectfullly disagree with your comment, "like all Gringo based salsas-sauces." There are many small sauce makers in the US and Canada that produce some of the best products a consumer can purchase. The majority of these manufacturers will never see their products in a chain of stores, due to the fact that their products contain such a high content of pepper solids, and other high quality ingredients, that they can't compete with the big guys who only use around 5% pepper solids in their mass produced bottles of flavored vinegar. I say this not to make a sell or to be an ass, but to make a point that not all[/I'] Gringo sauces are bad.

Preach on brother, preach on! I couldn't agree more with your rebuttle!

Yeah, the "ALL" part of that was a bit much. There are some VERY good products out there. I wouldn't group everyone into the Taco Bell salsa caliber.

DEFCON Creator said:
LOL! Well, you could probably spit that into a little package and slap a Taco Bell label on it.

I wondered how they did got their re-fried(regurgitated?) beans to taste like that....

Funny you should wonder that. I never liked re-fried beans, just the look of them leaves a lot to be desired, and kinda reminds me of a morning after a massive party night. Just the name sounds like something is wrong, is it that they didn't cook them right the first time? LOL!

I know this is a thread from the stone age but I don't like Tabasco sauce, well the standard one or Habanero one (did as a kid though). I think it's the spices they add to it. Anyway I've just got back from the supermarket and thought I'd try the mild green Jalapeno one and I was really surprised (expecting to hate it). It was quite nice, very vinegary but OK to drink out of the bottle as it's quite runny. It actually tastes of green Jalapenos.

I assumed they did because of the smell. Maybe I just don't like the Tabasco chilli. The Habanero one contains spices. I've just searched my cupboard for the Habanero one but could only find the box. Strange.

I like the hab one as it replaces the original in my drink requirements.
bloody mary's and caesars work well with it.
way too many good sauces for food so it has no place there .

If it's a Loisiana style hab sauce ya want, get this one:

bulliards-front.jpg

It actually has habs where they should be...first. :)

bulliards-back.jpg

I bought a case of these awhile back for $1 each.
Then about a month later, Katrina nearly wiped them off the map. :(

I don't see these 17oz bottle anymore, but they still make it in 6oz. ones. Ya can find at http://www.thecajunconnection.com/bullards.html

Has a nice hab taste, decent burn. Just right for tacos or what have ya. Good stuff. :-)

~QS

Back