• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce TABASCO® Family Reserve

Hello all,

I have purchased the Tabasco Family Reserve sauce and it is the pinnacle sauce for Tabasco lovers. In 2008 for the 140th anniversary of Tabasco they came out with 5000 bottles of Avery Island Reserve. I was lucky enough to have purchased this sauce from their website and have always wished that I would have purchased more since it is a superior sauce in regards to heat and flavor then the original Tabasco. This Family Reserve sauce is the same as the Avery Island Reserve and I would highly recommend it to everyone, as once it is gone it will probably not be seen for another 3-4 years.

The sauce referenced above on the Hotsauce.com site is a 2008 bottle of the Avery Island Reserve hence why it is being sold for $90.00.

My last bottle of Avery Island Reserve was almost gone, so I am very happy to have been able to replenish my stock!

Scott

Hello all,

I have purchased the Tabasco Family Reserve sauce and it is the pinnacle sauce for Tabasco lovers. In 2008 for the 140th anniversary of Tabasco they came out with 5000 bottles of Avery Island Reserve. I was lucky enough to have purchased this sauce from their website and have always wished that I would have purchased more since it is a superior sauce in regards to heat and flavor then the original Tabasco. This Family Reserve sauce is the same as the Avery Island Reserve and I would highly recommend it to everyone, as once it is gone it will probably not be seen for another 3-4 years.

The sauce referenced above on the Hotsauce.com site is a 2008 bottle of the Avery Island Reserve hence why it is being sold for $90.00.

My last bottle of Avery Island Reserve was almost gone, so I am very happy to have been able to replenish my stock!

Scott

Nice try Mr. McIlhenny :lol:

I had a bottle given to me as a gift and I am going to review it here / compared to normal Tobasco.

APPEARANCE:
The reserve is a little thicker, not by much. The color (my bottle) is a little deeper more red. Cute packaging though, I was not impressed with the chain though.

SMELL:
Tobasco, vinegar, peppery mashy smell. I personally think they smell the same.

TASTE:
I admit that at first taste it is plain old Tobasco, however if you really savor it and taste it... The taste has a unique tinge to it. Nice heat, nothing crazy same as normal Tobasco. I can tell they use white wine in it. My friend tells me I am full of beans, however I can tell the difference. This is a tad sweeter than normal Tobasco also. The flavor is richer, more refined, I can tell this is not normal Tobasco, I liked it a lot.

OVERALL:
Sorry but 25 bucks for this is funny. I am flattered at the gift, however would I ever buy it. No... Not at 25. I could see 5 or even 7 bucks for this as it does have unique qualities. However this pricing shows the arrogance of the Tobasco company. Then again, I am eating it now aint I :lol: Now not to be unfair with Tobasco, they used to be a favorite of mine until I got my hot sauce cherry busted and started making the stuff myself.

However pricing makes this not worth your time. Not taste, not heat. Just the darn price.

I had a bottle given to me as a gift and I am going to review it here / compared to normal Tobasco.

APPEARANCE:
The reserve is a little thicker, not by much. The color (my bottle) is a little deeper more red. Cute packaging though, I was not impressed with the chain though.

SMELL:
Tobasco, vinegar, peppery mashy smell. I personally think they smell the same.

TASTE:
I admit that at first taste it is plain old Tobasco, however if you really savor it and taste it... The taste has a unique tinge to it. Nice heat, nothing crazy same as normal Tobasco. I can tell they use white wine in it. My friend tells me I am full of beans, however I can tell the difference. This is a tad sweeter than normal Tobasco also. The flavor is richer, more refined, I can tell this is not normal Tobasco, I liked it a lot.

OVERALL:
Sorry but 25 bucks for this is funny. I am flattered at the gift, however would I ever buy it. No... Not at 25. I could see 5 or even 7 bucks for this as it does have unique qualities. However this pricing shows the arrogance of the Tobasco company. Then again, I am eating it now aint I :lol: Now not to be unfair with Tobasco, they used to be a favorite of mine until I got my hot sauce cherry busted and started making the stuff myself.

However pricing makes this not worth your time. Not taste, not heat. Just the darn price.
thank you, this was the first hand review i was hoping to see. ive seen one on you tube, but it was a from a place that sold it. and i read some confusing reviews online.

Back