• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Tabasco's other sauces

Ive fallen in love with 2 but i can only buy one them locally.

Sweet and Spicy. Very low heat but tastes very much like a sweet Thai chile sauce. Actually one of the best overall ive tasted but its expensive even on sale. Love the ginger kick it has. Needs a couple drops of a hotter sauce mixed in to kick it up. Our market does not carry the Linghams ginger to compare it against but i love Linghams regular sweet chile sauce.

Tabasco Rocoto...LOVED IT. Its a tad milder than Tabasco with the addition of some baharat spices and hints of rocoto. I havent seen it at any place other than Amazon and directly from Tabasco. The rocoto and maple syrup tames down the "tang" of the Tabasco with its sweetness. I didnt not think it came off as too sweet at all. Just wonderful on some fried chicken.....and now its gone from the online shop. :(

I didnt have any idea they had those sauces.  I literally just came back from the grocery store and looked at which sauces to buy.  I saw the Tabasco line but not the ones you mention.  Guess I'll have to visit Tabasco and Amazon.  Thanks for the info.

Edit:  Just checked the Tabasco website and didnt see the Rocoto sauce.  

I never tried Tabasco rocoto... saw that they made one but seemed a little overpriced. I do like and buy a lot of their products tho. Their scorpion one has been easy to find here and pretty cheap. A good bottle to keep at work and if it disappears or gets used up pretty quick, not the end of the world, just grab another.

Tybo said:
I didnt have any idea they had those sauces.  I literally just came back from the grocery store and looked at which sauces to buy.  I saw the Tabasco line but not the ones you mention.  Guess I'll have to visit Tabasco and Amazon.  Thanks for the info.

Edit:  Just checked the Tabasco website and didnt see the Rocoto sauce.  
The rocoto is gone now. Not sure if gone for good or whats up. When it first came out it was stupid expensive at around $15ish a bottle but last time they had it for $7.50. Now i wish i would have gotten more of it. On the other hand getting rocotos is not all that hard and ive got homemade baharat. Several vendors sell rocoto paste and canned so i might try that and see if i can clone it.

Our regular grocery store has Sweet and Spicy. On sale its about $2.50 a bottle. Sounds cheap but i can get a bottle more than twice that size of Linghams for $4 locally. Cheap is relative to how you are using it. When you smother a batch of chicken wings in sauce it aint all that cheap. A 5oz bottle dont last long used like that. The Linghams is a 12oz bottle.

The small batch sauces are all quite tasty. They have a family reserve that is very good. Scorpion has a nice kick and the rocoto is great but my all time favorite if you can find it is their "garlic, cayenne" mild like most of their sauces but way more flavor that competes well with the vinegar. I plan on actually making a trip to Avery island once this virus stuff calms down a bit.

Back