• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food Tacoz & Popperz!

Aw DAMN that looks good. Next time you have to ask a silly question like "what am i gonna do with all this food?" just remember i am more than willing to come over there and help you out of such a major dilemma.

Hey Impy -

the jars of what looks like pickled habs - where did you find those at?? just a normal grocery store or somewhere else?

That cartoon of you is pretty good, did you do that?

peter pepper said:
Hey Impy -

the jars of what looks like pickled habs - where did you find those at?? just a normal grocery store or somewhere else?

They sell those in all the regular grocery stores around here.

thehotpepper.com said:
That cartoon of you is pretty good, did you do that?

I didn't draw it, just made it from an avatar making site :).

PP - I fall back on Mezzetta pickled habs whenever I can't find any decent looking fresh pods. They're pretty tasty. You can find them @ many large grocers in the pickle section. Mezzetta has a whole line of different pickled peppers.

ImpyChick said:
I didn't draw it, just made it from an avatar making site :).

PP - I fall back on Mezzetta pickled habs whenever I can't find any decent looking fresh pods. They're pretty tasty. You can find them @ many large grocers in the pickle section. Mezzetta has a whole line of different pickled peppers.

How much of a difference does the pickling make as opposed to being fresh in those?

As far as heat goes? They're still pretty warm. I'd say maybe 80% as hot as a fresh habanero. There have also been some of the pickled ones that have REALLY taken me by surprise. Last spring one of my favorite past times was playing Russian Roulette w/ a jar of Mezzetta habs, lol. I'd eat them whole til I found the one that lit me on fire :hell:. I gave up that hobby when the heart burn became too much, lol.

ImpyChick said:
As far as heat goes? They're still pretty warm. I'd say maybe 80% as hot as a fresh habanero. There have also been some of the pickled ones that have REALLY taken me by surprise. Last spring one of my favorite past times was playing Russian Roulette w/ a jar of Mezzetta habs, lol. I'd eat them whole til I found the one that lit me on fire :hell:. I gave up that hobby when the heart burn became too much, lol.

Sounds like you just needed way more beer to go along with the habs

Back