• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Tacoz & Popperz!

What am I gonna do w/ all this food???

tacospoppers001.jpg

Jalapenos all emptied out. Aren't they pretty?

tacospoppers002.jpg

No habaneros were harmed in making this meal. Well, except maybe these guys.

tacospoppers003.jpg

Here's the popper filling. It contains cream cheese, sharp cheddar, garlic powder, & a handful of those chopped habs.

tacospoppers004.jpg

Aw DAMN that looks good. Next time you have to ask a silly question like "what am i gonna do with all this food?" just remember i am more than willing to come over there and help you out of such a major dilemma.

Hey Impy -

the jars of what looks like pickled habs - where did you find those at?? just a normal grocery store or somewhere else?

That cartoon of you is pretty good, did you do that?

peter pepper said:
Hey Impy -

the jars of what looks like pickled habs - where did you find those at?? just a normal grocery store or somewhere else?

They sell those in all the regular grocery stores around here.

thehotpepper.com said:
That cartoon of you is pretty good, did you do that?

I didn't draw it, just made it from an avatar making site :).

PP - I fall back on Mezzetta pickled habs whenever I can't find any decent looking fresh pods. They're pretty tasty. You can find them @ many large grocers in the pickle section. Mezzetta has a whole line of different pickled peppers.

ImpyChick said:
I didn't draw it, just made it from an avatar making site :).

PP - I fall back on Mezzetta pickled habs whenever I can't find any decent looking fresh pods. They're pretty tasty. You can find them @ many large grocers in the pickle section. Mezzetta has a whole line of different pickled peppers.

How much of a difference does the pickling make as opposed to being fresh in those?

As far as heat goes? They're still pretty warm. I'd say maybe 80% as hot as a fresh habanero. There have also been some of the pickled ones that have REALLY taken me by surprise. Last spring one of my favorite past times was playing Russian Roulette w/ a jar of Mezzetta habs, lol. I'd eat them whole til I found the one that lit me on fire :hell:. I gave up that hobby when the heart burn became too much, lol.

ImpyChick said:
As far as heat goes? They're still pretty warm. I'd say maybe 80% as hot as a fresh habanero. There have also been some of the pickled ones that have REALLY taken me by surprise. Last spring one of my favorite past times was playing Russian Roulette w/ a jar of Mezzetta habs, lol. I'd eat them whole til I found the one that lit me on fire :hell:. I gave up that hobby when the heart burn became too much, lol.

Sounds like you just needed way more beer to go along with the habs

Back