Tag people

Orekoc said:
Great Zeus, no, please no. I don't want anything to do with Facebook. I don't want Facebook to know anything about me. I do everything possible to block anything and everything Facebook. They are EVIL. Maybe worse than M$.
You read it wrong. Tag people like on FB... meaning the function is like FB's, you are not tagging people there. Nothing at all to do with FB. It's a function to call someone to a post without PMing them or posting a whole new topic with their name in the title trying to get their attention.

Zombie Tag!!! I'm IN!!!!

But seriously, as soon as I figure out what the hael it is, I'm sure I'll learn to love it! I just don't want no warnin' points while I'm tryin' to figure it out, is all I'm sayin'. ;)

What is this "Facebook" thou speaketh of? Sounds liketh witchcraft to me. From anon on leteth let all talketh regarding this so call'd wich'ry cease 'r impending doom shall followeth, and one day of a thousand nights will beshrew any citizen guilty of such a crime. 

SR.

Basically if someone brings up questions about aquaponics, for example, and I don't see the thread someone can tag me and I'll see it?  Sounds like a good idea.  Lets hope it doesn't get out of hand.  :flamethrower: :eek:

It's a mention. Simple. You can mention someone and they will be alerted if you put the @.

@texas blues is a hippie.

Like that.

I don't understand the concern over abuse lol, next time I'm not announcing features, you'll just have to deal!!!

If I announced PMs were new you guys would be saying you're afraid to get spam.

The Hot Pepper said:
It's a mention. Simple. You can mention someone and they will be alerted if you put the @.

@texas blues is a hippie.

Like that.

I don't understand the concern over abuse lol, next time I'm not announcing features, you'll just have to deal!!!

If I announced PMs were new you guys would be saying you're afraid to get spam.

Boss, Boss, Boss,

I think you are taking this all to wrong. You have made this site an incredible place with all of the changes over the years. Better every time. I think I can speak for the "teasers" that it's just a laugh because of the Face Book similarity. Honestly, if you are bringing changes, I know first hand it will make this site even more awesome. Please don't stop announcing upcoming features because of ---> those haters. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bring it Patron! Nobody ain't leaving THP over this dammit!

#THPFORLIFE

Don't get all mushy
you_big_dummy.png
This is all for you though... it's quite an upgrade from the Twisp mobile phone...

twisp_telephone.jpg

The Hot Pepper said:
You read it wrong. Tag people like on FB... meaning the function is like FB's, you are not tagging people there. Nothing at all to do with FB. It's a function to call someone to a post without PMing them or posting a whole new topic with their name in the title trying to get their attention.
Praise Athena! Thank you.

That sounds fine.

Evolution-?
twisp old phoan.jpg

comicon phoane.jpg

:lol:

I do NOT want all the FB stuff coming in here to THP.  I see a couple other sites that previously had independent websites have discontinured their websites and are only on FB now.  They are not the same now, i can't find old friends on the old forum, ...

anyway, I have often wished to have a Tag feature to call someone into a new post for the :hey, maybe So-N-So can answer this question:.

The Hot Pepper said:
Wouldn't you like to be able to tag people in posts to get their attention, like on FB?

Yeah... that's coming soon!

;)

No. But I would like to be a pepper. @The Hot Pepper Wouldn't you like to be a pepper too?

Oh wait....

tZ45egD.jpg

VYiF28Y.jpg

#bzzzzzzooo #igotzlazerzbitchez #yomamawasasnowblower #dididomodernwebsright? #thegoodstuff :high:

Hahahahahahahaah

Gassy wins the internet today!!!!!!!

:rofl:

salsalady said:
I do NOT want all the FB stuff coming in here to THP.  I see a couple other sites that previously had independent websites have discontinured their websites and are only on FB now.  They are not the same now, i can't find old friends on the old forum, ...
For the last time IT IS NOT CONNECTED TO FB OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'M GONNA GO STICK MY HEAD IN JAY'S OVAN!

Back