• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Take a closer look pls and educate me ; )

Hey everyone I know I've asked more than my fair share of questions and I want to thank you all for you patience with me, I promise they will begin to decrease ; ) ... You all have been very helpful and have so much collective experience. I have learned a ton since joining. So please bare with me for one more question. I am growing some experimental plants hoping to get the hang of things before an upcoming grow. Overall it hOas gone well thanks to you all. I believed my plants were deficient of Cal so I water with Calmag and I think they look better that is except the two Infinitys. Maybe I just need to let them grow out of it but I want to submit just a few more pics for your inspection. Someone mentioned broad mites but it's a small operation in an upstairs bedroom, no other plants look bothered and it's winter here although it's a mild one.Heres the pics .

First off here's the line up

IMG_2182.jpg

Here's the Infinitys and a close up of the tipoff the worse looking one

IMG_2324.jpg

IMG_9068.jpg

The above one is the the worse case here's her sister she looks a little better but the growth at the top is what stands out

IMG_9186.jpg

All the leaves are puckered a little rigid, and deep green with the purple veins from the lights I've been told. Maybe some of these are normal charistics for super hots. Again I'm not panicking lol just trying to learn. Thanks for your two cents

Heres a couple more close ups didn't like the first ones not sure these are much better

IMG_9076.jpg

IMG_3293.jpg

Your plants look great! How much light are you giving them? I'd give them a spray of worm juice once a week when you water them just spray the leaves, IMO the light is pretty close Is that a 4ft T8? I have my 2 ft T5 at least 3 ft above my plants and they still get plenty of light, Im also using a 1,600 lumens CfL Light as well. As far as the broad mites I'd get a magnifying glass and check under the leaves. You only need to be worried if you see yellow,spotted, or missing pieces of leaves for the most part especially missing leaves! You should only be feeding them once every other week. I water mine once a week right now. The worm juice is not only good for foliage/growth but it's a natural defense against pests. Liquid seaweed is also good to spray your plants with! I had tons of Q's too and I still have a lot to learn!

Your plants look great! How much light are you giving them? I'd give them a spray of worm juice once a week when you water them just spray the leaves, IMO the light is pretty close Is that a 4ft T8? I have my 2 ft T5 at least 3 ft above my plants and they still get plenty of light, Im also using a 1,600 lumens CfL Light as well. As far as the broad mites I'd get a magnifying glass and check under the leaves. You only need to be worried if you see yellow,spotted, or missing pieces of leaves for the most part especially missing leaves! You should only be feeding them once every other week. I water mine once a week right now. The worm juice is not only good for foliage/growth but it's a natural defense against pests. Liquid seaweed is also good to spray your plants with! I had tons of Q's too and I still have a lot to learn!

Megahot Thanks ! I sincerely mean that! When I set out to do something I want to do it right so I ask questions it's the only way to learn . Yes these are T5 HO lights 2 1/2 x 4ft 4100 k and I keep them right on top is that too close? My concern is the new growth on these Infinitys its cupped and kind of twisted. All the plants except for one of the Caribbean Hab's have rigid feeling leaves not sure how to explain it. What is this worm juice I keep hearing about it. I do use Maxicrop seaweed as a spray and I water it in. How often do I use Calmag? Oh I use a 16- 8 schelude for my lights. So you feed once a week? what is it you use and do you dilute it??

Megahot Thanks ! I sincerely mean that! When I set out to do something I want to do it right so I ask questions it's the only way to learn . Yes these are T5 HO lights 2 1/2 x 4ft 4100 k and I keep them right on top is that too close? My concern is the new growth on these Infinitys its cupped and kind of twisted. All the plants except for one of the Caribbean Hab's have rigid feeling leaves not sure how to explain it. What is this worm juice I keep hearing about it. I do use Maxicrop seaweed as a spray and I water it in. How often do I use Calmag? Oh I use a 16- 8 schelude for my lights. So you feed once a week? what is it you use and do you dilute it??

I wouldnt use CalMag like fert. Use it only when your plants need it such as leaf curl, Yes I think your light is to close. You should only have it that close if it is a weaker watt/lumen output.I water my plants once a week and feed them every other week. Here's a good link on worm juice http://www.wormsloos.../LiquidCast.pdf

Are you using a fan in there? If not, I suggest it! I HIGHLY recommend you make a personal glog if you havent yet for things like your watering,feeding,etc.!

the only thing i see that is lacking in your grow is a patient farmer

please keep the conditions about as you have and try to be patient

if you are finding the plant burnt closest to the bulbs you are too close

at this stage can not see any burning in the pictures provided

the fan is a decent upgrade to your system

it may be you are overwatering just a smidgen

please take a picture of height with a ruler or coin so we see how tall the plants are and how far the bulbs are

allow a week and give a second set of height pics also

it is looking like you are pretty good at growing these with your strategy

good growing

:scared:

edited for typo and this question When will you start the "real" grow? it is better to have them biggerer than smallerer

the only thing i see that is lacking in your grow is a patient farmer

please keep the conditions about as you have and try to be patient

if you are finding the plant burnt closest to the bulbs you are too close

at this stage can not see any burning in the pictures provided

the fan is a decent upgrade to your system

please take a picture of height with a ruler or coin so we see how tall the plants are and how far the bulbs are

allow a week and give a second set of height pics also

it is looking like you are pretty good at growing these with your strategy

good growing

:scared:

edited for typo and this question When will you start the "real" grow? it is better to have them biggerer than smallerer

I have had the lights about a couple of inches away but am gonna raise them. There is a fan going its just not in the pic. I was to start the grow on 2/18 but because of a person getting fired at work I gotta work 6 days every other week for awhile including the 18th so I needed to bump it forward or back so right now I'm looking at possible the 11th. I still need to make something to hang my light and a stand for the two tray heat mats I got. Got a very tight budget may have to go ghetto lol!

i think the height you showed them at before was good
was only asking/hoping for a metric of where (how high) they are
and how tall

please read this YOUR CHILIS LOOK AWESOME
please continue as you have been and report back
with more pictures

:eek:

I don't think that is anything to worry about. IMO, don't overcare for them. Let em grow and see if it becomes a problem.

Edit:

That could be the problem. The soil looks very moist at second glance. I also don't think it's fert burn. One of my plants had some fert burn (I think) and the leaf turned yellow after having a dark spot on it.

i think the height you showed them at before was good
was only asking/hoping for a metric of where (how high) they are
and how tall

please read this YOUR CHILIS LOOK AWESOME
please continue as you have been and report back
with more pictures

:eek:

Oh I got ya lol .. Will do that this eve when I get home . I have never grown superhots before is this puckered texture normal ? It would be helpful maybe to see others pics at this age today they are 56 days old.

I don't think that is anything to worry about. IMO, don't overcare for them. Let em grow and see if it becomes a problem
Edit:

That could be the problem. The soil looks very moist at second glance. I also don't think it's fert burn. One of my plants had some fert burn (I think) and the leaf turned yellow after having a dark spot on it.

Yea I think you're right I'm just gonna let em go and see what happens as I switch to germination for my main grow these will be going to my partners under the same kind of lights. Man these are only 56 days old, if I start my other grow 12-13 weeks early they will be a freakin jungle before 12 weeks.These are 8 weeks old.

Oh I got ya lol .. Will do that this eve when I get home . I have never grown superhots before is this puckered texture normal ? It would be helpful maybe to see others pics at this age today they are 56 days old.

Yea I think you're right I'm just gonna let em go and see what happens as I switch to germination for my main grow these will be going to my partners under the same kind of lights. Man these are only 56 days old, if I start my other grow 12-13 weeks early they will be a freakin jungle before 12 weeks.These are 8 weeks old.

My plants arent as old 49 days old but they are about the same size look at my Glog for pics

I don't think that is anything to worry about. IMO, don't overcare for them. Let em grow and see if it becomes a problem
Edit:

Alright here are some more pics in this first one I put a 1 gallon milk jug between 2 plants to give you a feel for size

IMG_4660.jpg

In this one I hung a tape measure to the light so you can see the distance

IMG_7688.jpg

And this last one I tried to get the tape measure from the light down to the bottom of the plant hope you can read it.

IMG_4958.jpg

I hope this is what you wanted. What makes new growth cup up ?

... oooh here's s good pic of the new growth on the top of my Infinity .. this ain't normal so what is it? Is it what's left of a Cal deficency ?

IMG_9608.jpg

I would quit adding fertilizers or other additives. Give them a chance to grow naturally.

Patience

At this point I don't really have a schelude I have given them Alask a Fish 5-1-1 a couple of times and some Earth Juice Microblast. When I transplanted them I gave em some B12 with root stimulator and here recently I gave em some Calmag and Maxicrop seaweed. I have also sprayed them with Epson Salts and Seaweed. I am watering about once a week. These 1 gallon pots get soaked through and are hard to dry out. I used Black Gold Earthworm Castings for soil it seems a little compact and the PH could be a little lower it is between 6.7- 7.0 ... I know I need to get on some kind of schelude that's part of what this experimental stage is about. Tomorrow I'll upload some pics of some germination stragglers, I have learned from these first ones and these stragglers look better.... pics coming tomorrow .. I'm going down for the count.

You used worm castings for your growing medium? Nothing else? Earthworm castings are basically a fertilizer. Doesn't have much NPK but it's full of the nutrients that feed the the microorganisms that help the plants grow. If it was me I would repot them with a much lighter medium such as Pro Mix BX or what ever you want and top dress with the worm castings. And stop with all of the other ferts for a while.

You used worm castings for your growing medium? Nothing else? Earthworm castings are basically a fertilizer. Doesn't have much NPK but it's full of the nutrients that feed the the microorganisms that help the plants grow. If it was me I would repot them with a much lighter medium such as Pro Mix BX or what ever you want and top dress with the worm castings. And stop with all of the other ferts for a while.

Black Gold is a potting mix composed of earthworm castings among other things extremely popular on the west coast.It has other stuff in it and has been around forever. Here's a link with a description .

http://www.plantitearth.com/soil-mediums/black-gold-organic-potting-soil.aspx

So if I understand you feed them CalMag and maxicrop once a week and within the same week spray them Epson salt and seaweed. Earth juice microblast is just a catalyst not a true feeder like a grow or bloom its similar to fox farm bushdoctor or root organics trinity I have both but I only use one once every 3 weeks and I rotate their uses. You might be over doing it on the calmag and epson salt choose one and only once a week and see how that works.

Back