• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Taste testing Moruga Scorpions and Brain Strains

This may not be news to most of you, but I always like to confirm what others have said in the past. I just picked my first 7 pod brain strains that came from seeds provided by Pepperlover. (thank you very much) You all have said that these are much more intense than the Morugas. Well, I took both types that were being grown in exact same conditions to our Monday night pepper night for a taste test comparison, and everyone said the brains were way hotter.
The brain strain was very intensely hot as soon as it hit your mouth, and overall, was outright more hot. The Moruga started off slower. Sure it was not, but not as intense. It built up for a few minutes before it hit it's peak, but at that point, was still not as intense as the brain.
Thank you for making this great pepper! Just this morning, I made powder out of a few brains, and even with it dried out, the powder is also way more intense. At least 50% more, long lasting heat, even as a powder. Great stuff, you just have to use a very small amount. I think I like the taste better than the moruga as well.

Any Brain Strain taste is fleeting......your mouth is incinerated so fast that taste buds surrender quickly. Brain Strains are best suited for powder to cook with. Anything else is just masochism.

I wholeheartedly agree with this one. Never have I had a chili compare to a BS and I have eaten most of the big names out there... BS and Douglah hands down.

I have five TS Morugas and the heat varies from plant to plant and then pod to pod from each plant. The red brains i have grew from yellow brain seeds and they are Fire! Definitely hotter. Both from pepperlover seeds. So i agree.

I would love to get my hands on some Brain Strain seeds. Have SASBE, Will send xD
I hear ya! All these comments and threads on the BS are making my mouth water just reading them.
I think i can scare up hust enough room to get one more pepper plant in my grow room....
i thought i heard my tsbt's, ts moruga's, 7 pot jonah red yellow and douglah's talking about how they needed some more color in the room. They're accusing me of not being racially diverse enough!
i'm thinking a yellow brain strain would be perfect!
Happy growing!

Back